Tuesday, December 15, 2009

#30 - Poetic Truth.

Just Like A Star - CBR


The memories of last night came flooding back to me before I even opened my eyes. I sighed as I felt the warmth of a naked body next to me; wrapped against me tightly by the blankets of the bed.
Alex kissed my shoulder lightly as I shifted around; turning my body until I was facing him. He looked different; not counting the angry red lines that were running down the front of his shoulders. I looked back up into his eyes, smiling slightly at how worried he looked. “You ok?” He asked quietly, staring at me intently. I nodded, grinning. So, maybe last night had not turned out at all like I had expected, but at least I knew for sure now that Alex and I had a deep chemistry; the only problem now, was trying to figure out whether or not that was a good thing.
He breathed a sigh of relief before hugging me against him; kissing the top of my head. “And you’re ok with…?” He raised his eyebrows in a ‘ya know‘ manner, causing me to giggle.

“Since when did you learn empathy?” I teased - my voice raspy from screaming last night - as his hand ran down the side of my face.

He shrugged in response, licking his lips and watching me carefully. “I like you Jespin. I want you…” I inadvertently groaned in agreement; my body getting excited just at the very thought of having him again. “No…” He sighed as I wrapped my arms around him; causing me to freeze in place. “I want to be with you… I want you to belong to me.”

“Belong to you?” I asked incredulity as he trailed gentle kisses along my jaw.

“Mmm… wrong words.“ He sighed deeply before speaking again. “Be my girlfriend?” He asked; more sweetly than I ever thought possible. I opened my mouth to say something, but closed it; not trusting my voice.
There were so many thoughts running through my head all at once; was this really what I wanted? If I said yes then there would be no going back on it. I was either in it, or I wasn’t.
The problems that could arise from the were countless. This would completely piss off my dad, make Sidney hate me, cause the whole Pens organization to disown me; but at that moment, I didn’t care. “Alex…” I whispered softly as he clutched me against him. “I like you… you know that now but…”

“But you don’t want me to ask you when we’re both naked?”

I sighed, grinning slightly. “Maybe just give me a couple days? I’m not saying no… I just… need to work some things out first?“ I asked slowly, trying to make him understand that this wasn’t a rejection. He chuckled seeming unaffected by my statement as he rolled over on top of me. I could fell his hard-on gently slap against my stomach as he held himself up above me.

“Does that mean no more sex?“ He raised an eyebrow at me, causing me to giggle again as I shook my head and reached down, guiding him inside of me.
He worked away at a happy-medium tempo unlike last night; slow but still powerful.

After a few minutes he pulled out completely, rolling me over onto my stomach and pushing my legs aside with his knee. He gripped my hips firmly in his hands as he brought me up to meet him; impaling me on him as he pushed inside of me as far as he could.
I groaned as I felt my body shift to accommodate his size; trying to catch my breath as he began to move in and out of me, with powerful, confident movements.
He grinned down at me as he gracefully balanced me on the edge of bliss; his eyes burning with a different kind of desire than last night. Different, but no less intense.


My voice was still raspy as I curled up next to Alex on the couch. After screaming myself hoarse last night and again this morning, a few minutes of muteness seemed like a good idea. I smiled to myself as he flicked through the TV channels; feeling like I had learned a secret.
There were two sides to Alex. The first one, being the one everyone knew. The cocky, conceited, pig-headed hockey player who fully believed he was God’s gift to the world; if not God himself.
Then the other side; the one very few people ever saw. A vulnerable, kind, compassionate person that had flaws (well, flaws everywhere except in the sex department) and fears, just like everyone else. Of course, I wouldn’t try to explain that to anyone just yet…

The phone began to ring and I groaned, not wanting to move off of my new Russian body pillow.
After the third ring I finally rolled off the couch and headed into the living room.

It was Keisha, and on reflex, I told her everything about Alex. She was surprised, shocked and excited; but not worried in the least. “So are you together now? Should I be learning Russian?”

“He speaks English Keisha… and no. He asked but I told him I needed more time… I’m still not sure if it’s the right thing to do or not.” I sighed, glancing back over towards the couch where Alex was still absorbed in the television. “I mean, I do really like him but… putting a title on it just feels so… real. Like there’s no going back.”

“Well Jes… I’m gonna be honest with you. He’s kind of ugly; not my type at all. But you were pretty upset over him a little while ago… so that tells me you really like him; really, really like him.
Don’t rush into anything you’re not sure of, but don’t miss out on something ‘real’ just because you’re afraid of the outcome.”

I sighed, not bother to argue with her when I knew she was right. We made plans to hang out and then I got off the phone; feeling more confused and anxious than ever.


“Who was that?” Alex asked as his eyes glazed over the TSN highlights from last night.

“My friend Keisha… you met her before.” He nodded, not looking up at me. “I told her about this… if that's ok...” He turned around and smiled at me.

“Really?” I nodded as I flopped down beside him, causing his grin to widen. He leaned over and kissed me on the lips; sending sparks down to my toes. “I’m gonna have to go…” He said as he pulled away, “but, think you’ll sit next to me on the plane ride?” Ugh plane ride… ugh Tampa… how did I forget? My hesitation caused him to frown. “You don’t want anyone from the team to know we‘re not fighting anymore?” There was sadness in his voice as he turned back to the TV.

“I never said that… but they‘ll assume that we… do you want them to know?” He snapped his head back to me, staring at me with disbelief.

“Of course I want people to know! Jespin, I asked you to be my girlfriend. I know that we‘re not together, yet, but yah… I want to tell everyone.”

I smiled at him, wrapping my arms around his neck. “Then I guess I’ll see you on the plane.” I said softly before kissing him gently.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


You Belong To Me - Lifehouse


“I thought she hated you…” Greener groaned as he sat across the aisle from me.

“Did it look like she hated me the other day in the x-ray room?” I asked forcefully, causing Greener to shrug.

“I guess not… but… I can‘t believe she‘s not mad at you anymore? What the hell did you do to her? It‘s the mob connections isn‘t it?! I knew you had something to do with the Russian mob!”

I rolled my eyes and looked away. Retard. But even Greener’s stupid comments couldn’t keep me down; I had made love to Jespin. Not just made love to her, but connected with her; there was no denying it now - there was something there, something deep and perfect.

“Ugh!“ Greener groaned again, causing me to look at him. “Dude, she is way too hot for you.“ I shot him a dirty look before whacking him off the side of the head with an empty water bottle.

I turned to the front of the plane in time to see Jespin coming on. Normally medical and coaching staff sat in the front, so she didn’t attract any attention until she was halfway to me.
I saw some of the guys turning around, trying to figure out where she was going. Literally every head in the plane turned towards us as she squeezed past, plunking down between the window and me.

I was originally planning on playing it cool, but she had told her friend about us; so I didn’t see the problem with letting the team know what was up. Plus, I knew a lot of the guys on the team thought she was hot, so just to prove the point that she was off limits; I dropped my arm around her shoulder, pulling her towards me and giving her a kiss on the temple. “Hey.” She whispered softly as she smiled over at me. “All ready for your game tonight?”

“Always…” I snorted, shaking my head at the foolish question. I glanced back at her quickly, making sure I didn’t just do something condescending. Jespin was smiling though, glancing out the window as the plane began to roll down the runway.



I pulled Jespin into my arms as soon as I left the locker-room. “I never thought I‘d get out of there… too many reporters.” I sighed, glancing over my shoulder to make sure no one was listening. It was one thing for the boys to see me with Jespin; it was another for them to see me being all ‘sappy’, I’d never live it down.

“Geesh… someone’s gonna think you have feelings if you keep that up.” She mocked, flashing me a grin before giving me a playful shove. I laughed back, pulling her under my arm as I steered her towards the exit.
It was amazing how quickly we were able to change the dynamics of our relationship. I felt more comfortable with her than anyone; more satisfied, more contented than every before.

“Ovie, Jespin! We’re going swimming!!” Mo screamed, running past us with some of the boys close on his heels.

“Swimming?” I asked her, licking my lips at the thought of her in a tight, tiny, sexy two-piece…

“Umm… I think I’ll pass…” She said slowly as I pushed the door open, ushering her outside.

I frowned. “Forget your suit?”

She shook her head as we headed across the street. “No… I usually go swimming with Georgia on away games but… umm… I don’t really like wearing my swimsuit in front of people…” She said quietly, causing me to roll my eyes.



She looked even better than I could have imagined. She stood in front of the mirror, glowering at her reflection for a few minutes before grabbing for a shirt. I’d never seen a girl with less confidence in herself, it was unnerving.
From what I had heard of her family; they were fantastic. Not the type of people to put their children down, or make them feel bad about themselves.
No, this had ex-boyfriend all over it. “What did he do to you?” I asked slowly, pulling the shirt away from her before she could don it. I wrapped my arms around her and pulling her against my chest, tightly.

“Who?” Her eyes snapped up to stare back at me through the mirror.

“Whoever he was… the guy that was here before me…”

“Oh…” She says softly, glancing down at the floor to avoid my stare. “Nothing.“ She shrugged, still looking away.

“Don’t lie to me Jes… you’re perfect, but you always want to hide it. Why?”

She sighed, shifting her weight nervously before glancing up at me. “He didn’t do anything it was just… I kind of felt inferior to him… not good enough.” She shrugged, acting like it was no big deal. Like the idea of her not being good enough was actually plausible.

“Jespin.” I said firmly, spinning her around towards me. “You are special. Don’t let anyone say differently. You’re perfect, you’re beautiful… seriously. I’m fucking Alex Ovechkin… do you think I would waste my time with an uggo?“ I chuckled, tracing the curves of her bare skin with my hands.

“Don’t rub my rolls…” She whined, still very much insecure as she slapped my hand away from her smooth, flat stomach.

“You do not have rolls, besides babe, even if you did... there’s so much more beauty to you than your skin…” I sighed; poetic truth.

7 comments:

  1. Awww, please let Ovechkin be that sweet in real life? lol.

    That was a great chapter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I get to read this on time! Whee!

    "not wanting to move off of my new Russian body pillow."
    ^^I cracked up at this. I love it. Can I have a Russian body pillow? It sounds nice. :)

    "...but don’t miss out on something ‘real’ just because you’re afraid of the outcome."
    ^^Ugh, Keisha, you're a genius. What a brilliant piece of advice.

    "I snorted, shaking my head at the foolish question."
    ^^I really do love cocky Ovie. I don't know why, because in real life I hate him because of it. But in this story, I love it. I guess because we get to see that he's not always like that. But still, I secretly enjoy it. (Please don't tell anyone! Ha.)

    "...there’s so much more beauty to you than your skin…” I sighed; poetic truth."
    ^^Okay. I want him. More than just the Russian body pillow, that sweet, sensitive, ENDEARING caveman. Please? I want, I want, I want! Christmas is coming, and I've been good all year. Pretty please Santa, put one under my tree!!!

    I love every chapter even more than the one before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving ovie right now! what a sweetheart(:
    never thought I'd say that about him haha
    And the best part was when he said he wouldn't go out with an uggo, I legit laughed out loud for 5 minutes.
    amazing job zigh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I reallly hate ovie but he was really sweet in this chapter

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWWWWWW!!!! I LOVE THIS ALEX!!! =D

    *sniffles* you get me every time!

    She needs to tell him who she is though...

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I’m fucking Alex Ovechkin… do you think I would waste my time with an uggo?"
    ^^Lmfao if I haven't mentioned this yet, I love the way you write him.

    Besides him being a cocky little know it all, I'm all for sweet Ovie! This chapter melts my heart. I adore him and I want one...right now! (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooohhhhh Alexander. What are we going to do with you? So cocky, but still so sweet.

    I want to comment more, but I'm catching up on reading, so I'm jumping the gun to read the next chapter. =P

    ReplyDelete