Friday, December 4, 2009

#18 - Doing

Possibility - Sierra Noble


Alex was acting distant, but I guess I deserved nothing less. After all, the last time I saw him we were making out in his car; which was followed by my flip out, which was followed by me leaving the state…
If distant was the worse I was going to get, I’d gladly take it.

It felt weird, every time I saw him; like I was in on some big secret and he had no idea yet - which was partially true. Whenever he would walk by me I would hear Oksana’s words echo through my head, and I couldn’t help but smile.
I just hoped he wasn’t too angry. I mean, I guess I could assume that he liked me, at least it seemed that way the other night; now it was just a matter of getting up the courage to tell him that I lied - I could do this. At least, I wanted to try.


The five hour plane ride to California was long and slightly annoying. I had completely forgot about the fact that we were playing the LA Kings; so instead of talking to Alex as soon as possible, I kept putting it off, believing that I had lots of time.
I glanced towards the back of the plane where the players sat. Alex was talking to Juicy and Semi; totally oblivious to the fact that I was watching him.
I cursed myself again for waiting; now there was no way I’d be able to say anything to him till we were back. Between the game and the whole ‘sharing’ rooms at the hotel; I knew I’d never get him alone.

At least I had finally decided on how I was going to bring it up - or not bring it up. I was just going to flirt with him; a lot. It seemed like a simple enough plan. Alex was the type of person that found suggestive innuendos in almost nothing, and assumed everyone was interested in him to begin with; convincing him I liked him, didn’t seem to hard of a task.
“I can’t wait to get to California…” Georgia mumbled beside me, gazing out the window as she sighed softly.

“Mmhmm…” I agreed, turning back around. “Nice weather sounds so good right now. Wait. What’s the weather like in November?”

“It’s 72 with overcast today… at least that’s what it said the last time I checked.”
I sighed happily, warm weather and eventually moving things along with Alex; the plane ride suddenly didn’t seem so horrible.



I was use to Sidney having fans everywhere; girls that fawned over him, kids that proudly sported his number - so I shouldn’t have been surprised when it happened to Alex, after all, he was a franchise player too.
They were everywhere. Luckily, the staff didn’t bus with the players, so we were able to get into the hotel with no problem; as I looked at the crowd of people standing outside the front doors - that was a good thing.
I was sharing a room with Georgia, and together we headed to the 6th floor; trying to get settled in and changed before we were meeting to have supper.

“I knew you were from Pittsburgh but, damn you have some balls.” Georgia laughed as she flipped her long red hair back over her shoulder.

“What?” I asked, only half listening as I rummaged through my bag.

“Your bracelet…” She explained, nodding in the direction of my wrist.

I stood up, wrapping my hand around the silver bangle. “Oh… yah… I got it when I was home. Gift from a friend.”

She shrugged her shoulders. “Don’t worry about it… I have a pair of Ranger’s underwear… I won’t tell if you don’t.” Laughing, I nodded my head as I began searching through my bag again.



“Alright so… before everyone takes off for the day… I’d like to remind everyone that we’re having a formal dinner, for the organization, at my house on Saturday. I expect everyone to be there!” Coach B shouted before he waved his hands, signalling that we were free to go.

“Jespin!” Ben said loudly, pushing his way through the people that were now beginning to move around the room. “Can you take some of this stuff across the street to the visitor’s locker room? Some of the guys were heading over so, it’ll be unlocked.” He explained, dumping a large box in my arms.

“Umm… ok…” I said slowly, realizing that he was already gone.

I headed across the street, enjoying the still-warm night air; as it gently tugged at the long strands of my hair.
Like Ben said, the doors were unlocked, so I pushed my side into the wheelchair access button and walked through the door with my parcel. The hallways were still lit up, but it was eerily quiet.
Like always, my over-active imagination was getting the best of me, and I hurriedly followed the signs that lead me in the right direction.

As soon as I found the right room, I dumped down the box and rushed back towards the exit. A child’s voice coming from the lobby, causing me to stop my quick steps.
“… and I was going to get one for Christmas but my dad got laid off. Then my mommy said I’d have to wait.”

“Well that’s no good, everyone knows that you can’t be a real hockey fan without a jersey. Oh hey buddy, looks like they are closed. Listen… I know I said I’d get you a Duck’s jersey but they’re closed so… some other time?”

“Yah it’s ok… you’re my favourite player anyway!” The little boy said excitedly as he stood in front of Alex in the lobby.

“Oh yah? Well here, how about this…” Alex pulled the large hockey bag off his shoulder and dropped it onto the floor, kneeling down beside it and rummaging through. “Here.” He said as he pulled one of his white jersey out of the bag. He draped it over his knee and began to rummage some more, this time, pulling his arm out after he’d located a marker.
He wrote a message on the back of the fabric, signing his name at the bottom; before handing it over to the kid. “So it might stink from being in my bag but, it’s yours to keep, alright bud?”

The little boy nodded slowly, his eyes welling up with tears as Alex stood up again. “I’m gonna go show my mom!” He grinned, taking off across the lobby as a woman pushed her way in through the door. “Mom, mom! Look what Mr. Ovechkin gave me! He signed it and it’s his and everything!”

“I’m so sorry… I hope he didn’t bother you too much. Tyler, what did I say about taking off on me like that?” She scolded lightly, leaning down to give her son a small hug.

“He was no problem. See you later.” Alex smiled, give the kid a small wave as he followed his mother back out the door.

Alex chuckled lightly to himself before bending down to zip up his bag. Slinging it over his shoulder he headed down the hallway marked ‘GYM’.
I watched him go, biting my lip as he disappeared around the corner.

There was no doubt in my mind anymore that Oksana was right. Down below the flamboyant exterior, Alex was a good person, the best kind. I smiled to myself as I headed back out into the night. The dinner party was perfect; if I couldn’t get him to figure it out before that night, I’d tell him then.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Apologise - OneRepbulic(Cover)


“What do you mean Alex? How do you not have a home jersey? Where the hell did it go?!” I rolled my eyes as Jerry the equipment manager ranted at me.

“It’s just not here… what’s the big deal? I’ll just grab another one when we’re back, it’s not like we’re wearing them tonight anyway!” I snapped, turning around and taking off towards the locker-room.

“I double checked every bag myself before we left! There’s no way it wasn’t in there. I’m gonna tell security!”

“Go ahead.” I shouted over my shoulder, finally reaching my boiling point as I rounded the corner, almost running into Jespin in the process.

“Hey…” She said breathlessly, grinning up at me. I bit the inside of my cheek as I looked down at her, trying to keep myself of flipping out. Why did she have to look so fucking good?
When she took off, I assured myself that it was her loss; it wasn’t like I was incapable of getting women - she was apparently a lesbian or something. That was the only explanation I could think of; well, that or she was just so overcome by my awesomeness she over-reacted - a more likely possibility.
I had spent the short break convincing myself that I didn’t actually want her anyway, not worth the trouble; but as soon as we were both back in the same place, I couldn’t help but let my imagination get the best of me.

She was always smiling to herself now, like she was one-up on the rest of us. Sometimes I even thought she was smiling at me; but I let those thoughts go as quickly as they came, she made it pretty clear what she wanted - and that wasn’t me. Sure, passing me up would probably be the biggest mistake of her life, but it was her life after all - I wasn’t about to chase after her.

“Hey.” I finally replied, coolly.

She flashed me another seductive grin before moving past me; her shoulder gently brushing my side as she headed back around the corner I had just come from.
Instead of continuing on, like I should have, I peeked around the corner like a creeper. As if she knew I was watching, she swivelled her hips more than normal; causing her ass to pop with each step she took. “Ebanatyi…” I mumbled under my breath as disappeared.
Sighing, I continued my walk to the locker-room; hoping this game would go over smoothly.
I always wanted to win every game; but tonight, I really wanted to win this one. I might not be able to control what happens off the ice; especially not with a girl that is slightly erratic, but I’d be damned if I couldn’t control what happens on the ice.



Jespin was giggling as she walked down the hallway with Georgia, their heads close together; ginger and midnight swaying side by side. “I can’t believe that they didn’t say anything about it… of course they wouldn’t notice… idiots.” Ginger laughed, shaking her head and causing her dull auburn hair to sweep in front of Jespin’s shiny locks.

“Hey! I won’t complain. I want to wear it, cause it reminds me of home, but I’d rather not of jazzed on because of it.”

I slowed down, letting them move even further ahead of me as Jespin clutched her arm in front of her. When her arm dropped back down I caught sight of the silver bracelet dangling around her slender wrist.
Well that explains why she’s so happy all of a sudden. I thought furiously, speeding up my step until I over took the two girls; not looking back as I left them behind me.

It all makes sense now, it wasn’t that she couldn’t be with me, it was that she didn’t want to. She actually didn’t want to. She already liked someone, and apparently, he liked her to. So then why would she even go out with me? It would have been easy to just say that she already had someone…
Anyway, fuck that; if she can do whatever she wants, so can I.

5 comments:

  1. Okay, Alex (HOLY FUCK YOU MADE ME DO IT! YOU MADE ME CALL HIM ALEX!) was totally adorable with that kid. So cute that he was going to get him a Ducks jersey! I can't believe that I'm about to admit this, but I just fell a little bit in love with Ovechkin. YOUR Ovechkin, of course. :)

    But now, I'm worried. What's going to happen?! What's Ovie going to do that is going to screw up his and Jes's relationship! Not that they have a relationship at this point, but she was going to talk to him! Step in the right direction! Don't do anything stupid, Ovie!!!!

    /rant. You're stringing me along here, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh goodness...for jespin's sake i really hope he dosent screw it up. I cant help but think if it would make it any better if he knew it was a pens bracelet...

    I am starting to feel bad for jespin. she is so confused. I have felt bad for sid this whole story. and now i cant help but feel just a tiny, little, microscopic bit bad for ovie...

    I wish that the truth would come out with both sid and ovie..but im scared that Sid wont be mentioned much anymore..PLEASE keep him in the story, just a lil after IT happens..please

    thanx..cant wait for tomorrow =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. no no no no no no no no bad ovie bad!! ughhhh Jespin go get him, kiss him do whatever just don't let him do anything stupid!!!!
    and this- That was the only explanation I could think of; well, that or she was just so overcome by my awesomeness she over-reacted - a more likely possibility.
    Was the best. line. ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAHAH!!! OH Alex... you silly silly caveman! She likes you!!! haha oh well...

    He'll learn eventually!

    Great chapter Zigh. GOLD STAR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. DAMN IT OVIE!! You big brute. Blind, just like every other man on this planet. She needs to like rub herself up on him for him to get the hint, I swear.

    Well lady, hell has frozen over.
    Sid-40%
    Ovie-60%

    Job well done.

    ReplyDelete