Sunday, December 13, 2009

#28 - Stood Up

Because Just A Writer asked so nicely... and I'm very excited for the update that follows this... so make sure you go back and read #27 if you haven't already =)

Make Up Your Mind - Theory Of A Deadman

God she had nice boobs… “Focus Ovie! What the hell are you doing dude?” I glanced up to see Greener yelling at me. The puck had dropped and I was still standing in the same place; visualizing Jespin.
Or trying to visualize Jespin. Fucking Greener. I thought, hostility searing through me. That’s twice tonight he's ruined my fun.

“ALEX!” Coach B roared from the bench; pulling me back into reality. I took off, sprinting down the ice as fast as I could. I barrelled down on Fischer, grabbing the puck off him; never slowing.
I entered the crease and flipped the puck around, dropping it in the net.

The crowed erupted and I jumped backwards in response, slamming myself into the glass. I grinned and took off towards the bench; spinning out wide in order to pass by where Jespin was standing.
She was leaning away from James, looking confused; but she still smiled when I threw her a wink. The fact that she was putting space between her and James made me more excited than the fact that I’d just scored.

Near the end of the last period, I stole another glance at Jespin, this time she didn’t notice me; she was too busy chatting into the phone. She looked annoyed, but I didn’t see her for long.
Quickly turning away she headed out the walkway, still clutching her phone to the side of her head.


“Out tonight Ovie?” Brooks called as I walked out of the showers and back into the locker room.

I shook my head and grinned. I wanted to brag; tell everyone what had happened between Jespin and I - finally - and then tell them what my plans were for tonight. But I didn’t.
I didn’t want to say anything sexual about her, because I didn’t want any of the guys in the locker-room thinking about her like that. In fact, I didn’t want anyone else thinking about her like that. “Not tonight, got other plans.”

I headed down the hallway once I was dressed, deciding to stop by the waiting area first. I pushed the door open, but she wasn’t in there.
My stomach did a bit of a flip-flop as I thought about how nice it would have been to see her in there, waiting for me. She apparently wasn’t ready to take that step yet. Oh well… I sighed, heading back down the hallways towards the player’s parking lot.

I waited around the back door for a few minutes before giving up and heading out into the parking lot. She wasn’t there.
I pulled out my phone and called her; it sent me straight to voice mail. I punched in Mike’s number, trying to remain calm as I waited for him to answer. “Sup man?”

“Is Jespin still in there?” I asked, holding my breath.

Pause. “Umm… no. Just a sec.” I heard his muffled voice a second later as he spoke to someone. “Ovie? She’s not here. Ben said that she had to check out early… family emergency or something?”

Family emergency… ok… not so bad. Unless she made the whole thing up. Maybe it was him… maybe he’s here again. “Thank Mike.” I said shortly before hanging up. I wasn’t about to make the same mistake though; I need an answer, and I wasn’t going to do anything else until I got one.


Over the course of the fifteen minute drive to her house; I had managed to completely work myself up. I was a mess; blinded with outrage.
I couldn’t believe that she had stood me up; that isn’t suppose to happen. I knew that she was hard headed and unbelievably impossible, but I honestly thought I had had her, right where I wanted her.
I’m Alex-fucking-Ovechkin… she should be loving the fact that I want to spend time with her, not this shit. No one just walks away from me.
I sighed in frustration as I pulled in front of her place, praying that she was alone. She might drive be completely insane, but I didn’t want anyone else there with her. I didn’t want him to be there. Or maybe I did, maybe this would be my chance to put him in his place, get him to back the fuck off my woman.
My woman… right. I chuckled humourlessly; she pissed me off to no end, she was a complete tease with those little work-out outfits she wore, the way she pressed up against me when I kissed her. The way she moaned when I touched her… she was mine. I nodded to myself, stepping out of the car and into the cold night. She was mine whether she liked it or not.

She wanted me too, and not even in the way other girls did. I wasn’t an idiot, I knew most girls only wanted me for the money, or the celebrity; but I used them too, just for different things. I didn’t let people take advantage of me, and I didn‘t let them walk all over me.
Jespin was different. She wasn’t going to use me for my money or my name; but that didn’t mean she could disrespect me the way that did. Especially not when a shit ton of girls were wet and ready to take her place.
Exactly, a shit ton of girls, so why the hell am I wasting my night chasing after this one?

I sauntered towards the front door and pushed it open; walking past the doorman without pausing.
I climbed the stairs and stopped in front of her door, slamming on it; like I had done the other day.
She pulled it open slowly, her attention focused on the cell phone in her hands. She looked up, shock making her eyes grow wide as she regarded me. She was wearing a pair of baggy, grey, calf-length sweats and a tight penguins t-shirt. Penguins… I shook my head, probably says Crosby on the back… I wasn’t sure why that made me so mad, but it did.
If she had a problem with the fact that I thought a team revolved around me, or thought that I was conceited; she’d obviously never met the wonder kid. “What are you doing here?!” She asked, completely caught off guard. She was surprised, flustered, and it was enjoyable to watch.
Her face began to flush as her eyes narrowed on me, dangerously. I took a step into her loft, causing her to take a step; as I slammed the door behind me.

“Are you alone?” I asked, looking past her at the expensively decorated room.

“No.” She said too quickly, looking away from me.

I chuckled slightly as I took another step towards her. “You’re lying.” She didn’t try to suggest differently as I grabbed onto her arms and pulled her towards me. “I told you to wait for me after the game… what happened?”

“Something… came up…” She looked up at me, allowing me to see the truth in her eyes. I calmed down drastically knowing that she would have been there; that she didn’t just take off.
I continued to stare at her as I tried to figure out my next move; Jespin bet me to it.

“Get out.” I shook my head, pulling her up into her tip-toes so that I could kiss her lips. She kissed me back for a minute before shoving me away. “No.”

She said it sternly and angrily, so much so, that I almost believed her - almost. “You weren’t saying that earlier…”

“That was a mistake.” She spat, the fire returning in her eyes.

“You say that an awful lot…” I chuckled, shaking my head as I allowed my desire for her to take over.

“Yah well, it seems to happen a lot when I’m around you.” She said dryly, taking a step away from me.

“Or maybe your body’s already figured out what your mind is too damn stubborn to see…” I suggested, taking a few steps forward until she was pinned between my body and the counter.

“This is getting out of hand…” She said quietly, not looking up at me. “I can’t do this anymore-”

“Enough with that shit!” I spat, cutting her off. “Give me one good reason why we can’t do this? One solid reason, and I‘ll leave you alone.”

She stood mute for a minute; an inner turmoil raging back and forth below her calm exterior. “Because of my family.” She said finally quietly.

“Your family? That’s your excuse… I don’t even know what that has to do with this…?”

“It’s… they’re… it’s just complicated, ok?” She asked, pleading.

I shook my head. “That’s not good enough Jespin. I don’t care who you are… I don’t give a shit if your dad’s the head of the mafia and he’s gonna break my legs for dating you. I’ve already made up my mind and the only thing that’s going to stop me now is if you don’t want me. And you do. So…” I shrugged my shoulders, sighing slightly. “… unless you have another reason…”

She sighed. “I really like you.” It didn’t sound like a proclamation. The way she said it made it sound like it was another reason for us not to be together; but that didn’t make any sense.

“I know.” I said slowly, unsure of what else to say. I already knew this, at least she was admitting it out loud now.

I looked down at her and felt the fire inside of my light again; this time it roared to life easily, egging me on.
I didn’t need any more prompting, I already knew that I wanted her badly; now we were alone, together, with the words out in the open.
It hit me for the first time, just how beautiful she was. I had always known that she was attractive, desirable; but for some reason, in this minute, I just realized how stunning she was.

I reached out, needing to hold her. I ran my hands through her hair, then down the side of her face; onto her neck, shoulders, sides.
I needed to touch her, every part of her. I needed to taste her and feel her; explore her, and know more her than anyone else. She had just admitted the fact that she liked me, but that wasn’t enough for me anymore.
I felt a new electricity pulsing through me and I knew what I needed; something that went even beyond her body. I needed her to love me; because impossibly enough, I was beginning to love her.

“Jes…” I whispered, the new revelation spreading out around me like wild fire, consuming everything else.
She could feel it too, I knew. She snapped her eyes up towards me; worrying growing on her face.

I felt perfect, wonderful; like everything was finally making sense. She still felt apprehension - it infuriated me. I was done with this back I knew what I wanted and she knew what she wanted; whether or not she was going to act on it, I wasn’t about to let it pass me by.
If she needed more proof of what I already knew, she was going to get it.

I grabbed onto her hips without warning; lifting her until she was sitting on the counter.
I roughly shoved her legs opened and stepped in between them, pulling her towards the end of the counter until I could feel her soft body against me.
She breathed into me, groaning as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

“This is the right thing to do Jes… us, I mean. It’s right. Let me show you…” I whispered softly, gently pushing her black locks away from her face.

“I can’t do that Alex. I can’t.” She shook her head, the weight of my words pulling her back into reality. I couldn’t help but grin, this time it wasn’t because she didn’t want to, this time it was because she was nervous. It was endearing.

“… I think you can…” I said with a husky voice, pulling her off the counter roughly.

9 comments:

  1. O goodness freaking gracious...I am not even going ask for another update....but....I will TRY be good and wait until tomorrow...

    I love it by the way....

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh god, amazing. you can imagine my happiness when i found out there was another one tonight :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!! Thanks for the extra update but now I can't wait for the next one, lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to say thank you...so THANK YOU...THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete
  5. So....holy fuck! I absolutely love you for the two updates!

    And OMG! I can't believe you'd leave us on such a cliffhanger! Good Lord, Zigh, you're killing me over here!

    But this was just amazing<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my god. So mean. You seriously can't just leave us there tonight. It was amazing enough that you posted two chapters but that was the meanest cliffhanger ever. EVER.

    Great chapter besides that. I really thought that she was going to tell him who she really was!

    ReplyDelete
  7. family emergency????...

    great chapter..." i dont care if your dad is the head of the mafia"...lol in ovies case he might as well be =]

    CANT wait till tomorrow...esspically since you "cant wait" for it lol....maybe you could possibly, if your not to busy..post it earlier???
    thanx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, so I feel terrible because I skipped out on commenting on the previous chapters but I just got all excited and headed for the next chapter. So my apologies, but just know you have me fully on team Ovie now. I can't believe it, but it's true.

    Ugh, the sexual tension between the two is just overwhelming. He's cocky, and because of that *I* want him too. Oh God... okay anyways. They're like magnets, and they're being sucked toward one another, he's a negative, she's a positive, and since Sid is a positive too, they repel against each other.

    Ah, so I know what's coming next, and I'm SUPER HAPPY you posted twice tonight, that just means it's one less day I have to wait for the really, really, really good stuff. Heh.

    Awesome lady!!! I'll never forgive you for this, hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete