Sunday, December 13, 2009

#27 - X-Ray Machine

I really hope you guys like this one! This is actually where this story started. I randomly wrote down this update and then decided to build a story off of it. Hopefully it won't disappoint =D


Should Have Said No - Taylor Swift


We were like strangers. No. We were worse than strangers. It had been two days since Alex had shown up at my house and everyone could tell something bad had occurred. Something very, very bad.
I was being bitchy, sulky and rude; trying to avoid conversation at all costs. Alex was the same way.
Only where I was quiet and reserved; Alex was brash and loud.

The game was even worse. I sulked in the walkway, trying to avoid everyone; while Alex recklessly threw himself around the ice, even more reckless than usual. I wasn’t surprised when he came off clutching his arm.
Being the only one oblivious to the rift between Alex and I; Ben sent him back with me. “Great! I have a fucking game to finish and I get sent back with an intern.” He grunted, shoving his way past me and taking off.

“God! You really are something! You know that?!” I spat as I chased after him into the empty medical room. He turned around and held his hands out at his side; shrugging slightly like he didn’t give a shit what I thought. “I can’t believe you. You can‘t just act like a baby and bring the other guys down… you’re not the only person on that team! ”

“Only one that matters…” He spat back with just as much force, turning his back to me and tearing off his shirt. “Just wrap this so I can get back out there.”

“You’re not going anywhere, and don’t tell me what to do-”

“It’s your job isn’t it?” I sighed, knowing there was no way I was going to win this; stupid pig-headed, conceited- “Well?” He snapped, holding his arm out in front of him. I shook my head and walked over to the medical cabinet.

“It’s gonna need to be x-rayed-”

“It’s not broken.”

I turned around and glared at him. “You want me to do my job, I will, but you need to shut up and let me do it.” He stared back at me, disdain on his face, but he didn’t argue.

“Why are you so bitchy tonight?”

“I’m bitchy every night.” I shot back, causing him to grin slightly, an action that only enraged me more.

“This is cause of what happened with Masha, really?” He asked, his cocky tone of voice adding sarcasm with every word. “You find out that I screwed her and you act like this? Is that what‘s really going on… you‘re mad cause I won‘t fuck you?”

“Oh yes! How did you figure it out? I’m so jealous… Oh woe as me!” I snapped as I turned around, heading out of the room.
He followed me, shirtless and all, down the back hallways and into the expensive ’hospital’ room that the Capital organization had purchased the year before.
I stared at the machines, trying to figure out what the hell I was doing. Alex looked like he was about to say some smart-ass remark but thought better about it, taking a seat on the table while I fiddled with the buttons; trying to remember what James had shown me before. I felt angry tears pooling in my eyes as I turned my back to Alex. He’s got me so flustered I can’t even turn on a stupid x-ray machine…

“It’s the one on the left, the green one.” He said softly, pushing himself off the table, crossing the room and coming to stand behind me. His hand gently pressed on my back as he leaned over me, pointing at the button. I nodded slowly; great, something else for him to brag about.
I shivered slightly as he turned around and headed back to the table; the heat of his body disappearing from behind me.

I cleared my throat and reached for the button. “Thanks.” I said softly, pressing it in and watching as the light turned on. I moved over to Alex bending his elbow onto the soft padding as I moved the camera above him. I thought about telling him to hold still, but realized it was probably a dumb thing to say; opting to just keep my mouth shut. I walked back over to the machine to capture the image, shutting it off once I was done.

“Alright, you can head back to the room. I’ll get your x-ray then let you know what’s up.” I expected him to dispute me but he didn’t.
He hopped off the table and took a few backward steps towards the door. I turned back around starting the process of printing off the picture.

“Why do you fight it so much Jes? Do you really hate me?” I jumped, letting out a yelp as I spun around; finding Alex only a few inches away from me.

“Jesus Alex! You scared the crap out of me…” I clutched my chest as I tried to bring my breathing back down to normal.

“Well?” He stared at me, looking vulnerable, timid; slightly less asshole-ish.

“I don’t… hate you…” I shook my head slowly, trying to figure out how to put this nicely. “I just… don’t like your attitude, and ego, and the fact that you think you can just do whatever you want. Not to mention-”

“Alright. I get the point.” He chuckled slightly, tilting his head to the side. “But you don’t hate me?”

“No.” I said sincerely, giving him a small smile.

“So you are jealous then.” He grinned, causing my face to fall.

I shook my head and turned away from him. “I take it back, I do hate you.”

He laughed behind me, grabbing onto my shoulders as I felt his muscular body press against me. “I like you Jespin.” He said softly, his breath blowing across my exposed skin as his lips brushed again my ear. I felt my body shudder as his arms moved down to wrap around my abdomen. “I like you…” he whispered again, before kissing my neck gently as I leaned into him.

I had no idea what my body was doing. Ok so… I did have a thing for Alex but, I had already made up my mind that it wouldn’t work out… it wasn’t worth the pain he was sure to cause me. How do I always end up in these situations?
He annoyed the shit out of me all the time. Sure he had his moments; but he was neurotic, self-serving, controlling, and egotistical ninety-nine percent of the time. Of course, the didn’t explain why my body was arching against him. Oh god what am I doing?

“Tell me…” He whispered hoarsely, spinning me around to face him. “Tell me you want me.”

Umm… I wouldn’t say that I wanted you… “I want you.” Ok… that works too, good job brain… I sighed as his lips crashed down over mine; his tongue forcing its' way inside my mouth. I should probably stop this… I thought to myself; this wasn’t what I wanted. Stop… now! My arms wrapped around his neck as I pulled myself against him as hard as I could. Ok… now!
I moaned gently against his lips as his hands pulled down the zipper on the front of my trainer jacket. His lips pulled away from mine as I quietly groaned in protest.

He took a step back and grinned down at my fitted, low-cut white shirt that was now visible. He licked his lips as his hands began to pull my shirt upwards, exposing the white satin bra I was wearing underneath. He let out a low moan as he brought his face down to my cleavage, tracing the shape with his tongue; his hands grabbing onto my hips and holding me firmly. “Coach wants to- oh shit… sorry!”

I gasped as I shoved Alex away, pulling my shirt back down and zipping up my jacket. “Umm… sorry… what were you saying?” I tried to move behind Alex, hiding from Mike; but Alex grabbed onto my waist and pulled me up beside him.

“Coach wanted to know if Alex is coming back out for the third period.” Greener said with a grin, his eyes smiling in a non-judgemental way as he watched me.

“Umm… just about to check!” I laughed shakily, reaching for the picture that had printed off. I walked over quickly to the lights, holding the x-ray up. “Just bruising…” I said softly as I turned back around to face Alex. “I’ll wrap it and then you can just… go back out…”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Stare - Marjorie Fair


She looked back and forth between Greener and I; her face flushed with the longing I knew was raging through her. I smiled to myself as I remembered the warmth of her flesh against my lips. God I need her… “Sounds good…” I said, grinning at Greener as he smirked back; closing the door behind him as he left. “So… you wanna do it now, or later?”

“What?” Her eyes snapped open as I took a step towards her, grinning as the double meaning of my words got the point across; she was thinking about fucking me. “My arm, you wanna wrap it now, or later?”

Her mouth fell into a cute ’o’ as she shook the idea of sex out of her head; or at least attempted to. She gave me a weak smile and moved past me, heading for the medicine locker when I caught her in my arms. “Where are you heading so fast now?” It was a dumb question, I already knew, but there was no way I was going to let her get away that easily.

“Wrapping your arm…” I stared at her, not loosening my hold. She stared back at me, her eyes searching intently into mine; looking for something, something to explain what the hell had just happened between us.
I didn’t need an explanation, I already had one. She was different from other girls, I liked that. She was smart, stubborn, slightly stuck-up; but overall she was a sweet girl, a sweet girl that didn’t fawn all over me.
She wanted me too, I’m not sure why she even bothered trying to say she didn’t. She might have viewed it as hate, but I knew what she was really feeling was simply powerful emotions.

“Don’t you want to get back out there?” She asked softly, pulling me out of my thoughts. Her words were suggesting that I should let her go; but she wasn’t trying to move away from me.

“Want me to score you a goal?”

She sighed and shook her head. “If I don’t wrap your arm, you won’t be scoring any goals.” I leaned down and kissed her, softer than before; pleased, but not surprised when she kissed me back.

“You can wait for me after the game by the back parking lot.” I said simply as I finally let her continue her walk across the room.

“I’m sorry, what?” She stopped in her tracks, hands on her hips.

“Unless you’d rather wait for me in the lounge, with the girlfriends…” I grinned at the last word, causing her brow to wrinkle in fury. She spun around and started riffling through the cabinet; pulling out a wrap before turning around.

“Why would I wait for you?” She was mad; she's sexy when she's mad…

I started to laugh, walking towards her and pulling her against me again. No matter what she said, she loved the cocky-side of me. “Because I want you to. So pick where you’re waiting.”

Sighing, she started to wrap my arm with expert fingers; making me wonder what else those fingers could do. She didn’t say anything else while she placed the bandage carefully, but she didn’t have to - her silence was enough confirmation for me.
She was a proud person; I could respect that, but it wasn’t going to stop me getting what I wanted. Nothing could stop me from getting her… that reminds me… “So how well do you know James?”

“James? Like… James Dowling?” I nodded as she finished her work. “I don’t… no more than anyone else. I just met him through a friend… why?”

“He likes you, stay away from him.” She stared at me incredulity as I gave her a kiss on the cheek before heading out the door. “I’ll score you a goal…” I winked over my shoulder as the door closed behind me.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


You have got to be kidding me… did he just… what the fuck just happened!? I groaned as I sat down on the x-ray table. Could this week get any more messed up? First I actually get pissed off because Alex sleeps with that little tramp, then he kisses me, then Mike walks in… now he’s trying to tell me what to do? The worse part is; I was going to do it.

I walked back to the locker-room slowly, in no rush to see Alex any time soon; in no rush to see anyone…
I didn’t think Mike would spill on me but, Alex certainly would. I sighed as I stood outside the door; I could hear the guys talking on the other side, getting ready to go back out. I pushed the door open, expecting the attention to turn to me; but it didn’t. At least no more so than usual.
The only difference was that Alex was grinning at me with a ‘I know I can make you horny’ look on his face. I gave him a small smile back; but only because by some miracle he hadn’t told anyone what had happened between us. Even Sidney hadn't been able to resist that...

I watched the guys get up, moving one after the other, back out onto the ice. I followed after them, taking my place in the walkway beside the rink, like always. They were playing for less than a minute when Alex scored; his goal bringing the people in the stands to their feet. I clapped too, as he threw himself into the glass like an idiot; shooting me another wink as he skated by. “What was that about?” James asked from beside me as we watched Alex over celebrate his goal.

“Nothing…” I shrugged, trying to sound casual. “You know Alex is an idiot… he’s just showing off.” James nodded in agreement as the play resumed. He leaned into me slightly - normally something that wouldn’t make me think twice - but this time I found myself stepping away from him; trying to keep my distance. Fuck Alex, what are you doing to me?

5 comments:

  1. I forgot all about this one! Hahaha, I loved it even more this time around. Dear lord, the sexual tension is palpable. I never thought that I'd actually say something like that, but it's true. They want each other so bad, and I can't wait to see what happens after the game.

    This one just flowed so well, I think I read it in two seconds, and then went back to read it again! And I think I'm gonna read it a third time, haha. This story just gets better with every post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if I say pretty please can we get another update tonight...because I am inlove with this story even if it had Ovie in it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great update!! Can't wait to see what happens after the game!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHHAHAHA!!! OH Alex... I'm starting to love you again... Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh alex hahaha! i love him though, he's so cocky but in a good way!

    ReplyDelete