Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Epilogue

Just a quick note.
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who took part in reading this story with me. I wasn't hoping to end it on some kind of cliché cop-out, but I really hope you'll be happy with where we ended up.
It has meant a lot to me, to have each and every one of you reading along and I especially loved getting your feedback!
After receiving a few e-mails from people who follow this story I decided to promise that I would write a sequel... but that will not be for a *long* time! I have so many other fun ideas and I really, really hope that you guys enjoy them! (I'll put the sequel's link at the end... but again, it won't be happening for a long time).

Thank you all, so, so much.

Cheers!


Make You Close Your Eyes - Dierks Bentley

I could tell by the look on her face that she expected to find anger when she looked up at me. She probably thought I was going to tell her to get out of my house, out of my city; move back to Pittsburgh, but I didn’t. It was the farthest thing from my mind. “Seriously Jespin, that’s so stupid…" I said slowly, allowing my voice to lose it's edge. "Why would you ever think that I didn’t want you?”

She inhaled sharply, her eyes starting to well up with tears. She opened her mouth to say something, but I stopped her; not with words but with my lips.
I kissed her like I never kissed her before; until my lips hurt and I was light-headed.

I finally pulled away from her, cupping her face in my hands. “I thought you were gone… I didn’t think you were coming back.” I stopped talking as my voice became too choked up to trust.

She gave me a weak smile as I flopped down on the couch, pulling her down beside me. “I’m sorry about that… I just…” She laughed sadly, shaking her head slightly before continuing. “After everything that’s happened, I wasn’t sure you’d want me to come back. I wasn‘t going to but… I guess I‘d been looking for an excuse to stay here.”

“You already have an excuse Jes. Ya tak lyub-lyu te-bya…”

“You know I don’t know what you’re saying, right?”

I turned around to face her fully, cupping her face in my hands, tilting it towards me. “It means that I love you. That I love you more than anything… that, I need you here with me, always.”

She tried to shake her head, but I stopped her; forcing her to keep eye contact with me. “You don’t mean that.” She said finally, her eyes brimming with tears.

“But I do.” I wanted to say everything, tell her everything that I was feeling; but I couldn’t - she made me speechless.
Instead I bent down, grazing my lips against hers. I deepened the kiss; not breaking it as I scooped her up in my arms and carried her towards my room.

I set her back down on her feet once we were by the bed. I could tell she wanted to say something but I didn’t allow it, continuing to hold her face up to mine with one hand; the other gently sliding away the straps of her simple sun-dress.
I felt it fall down on top of my feet as her arms wound around my waist. I let go of her face, breaking the kiss long enough to pull my shirt over my head and toss it away.
My pants went next, flying across the room to land somewhere by my shirt. I dropped down on my knees in front of her, grabbing onto her hips with my hands.
I slid the white lace down over her thighs before I looked up, meeting her gaze for the first time since we came through the bedroom door.
It was crazy, how long it had been since I’d seen her; but everything came back as soon as I saw those eyes.

I smiled to myself as I began to trail kisses along her waist and onto her thigh. She let out a low sigh and I took it as my cue to continue. I moved my head lower until I could shove my tongue into her soft, wet, folds.
Her hands began to run through my hair, coaxing me onward.

I pushed her down onto the end of the bed and moved as close to her as I could; until my chest was pressed against the bed, in between her legs.
I worked her over with my fingers and tongue until she couldn’t hold herself up any longer; flopping down on the bed with a satisfied grin.
I scooped her up again, positioning her until she was at the top of the bed, before crawling up on top of her.
Pushing her legs open I lowered myself down. I needed her desperately, every part of her; immediately.
But there were too many things that I needed to say first, too many things that I needed to make her understand. “Jes…” I murmured into her ear, nuzzling my face against her.

“Alex, please…” She whined, wrapping her arms around my neck. “Don’t stop…” I bit down on the inside of my cheek to keep from slamming myself into her; this was too important.

“Don’t worry love, we will.” I said softly, reaffirming what I already knew. “I need you to understand something first though… I love you.”

“Alex-”

“No listen. I know I never said it before, and I know that I should have. But I love you Jespin Lemieux, I love every single part of you.
I can’t ever loose you again Jes, I need you to know that I want you forever. I need you to know that no matter what’s happened in the past, and no matter what anyone has to say - you are the only woman I’ve ever loved.
I won’t loose you again Jes. I’m not going to make the same mistakes that we’ve been making. This time I’m in it for life… and if you ever pull another stunt like you did back home… I’m gonna follow you back to Pittsburgh, and not take no for an answer."

She sighed, tears falling from the corner of her eyes. “I love you…” She said softly, reaching up to wipe away at the streaks of wetness that were traveling down her face. “I’m so sorr-” I rolled my eyes, cutting her off by pressing my lips gently to hers.


I still couldn’t believe that she was really here, even in the heat of passion; her body arching up against mine as her legs quivered gently around me, I couldn’t believe it was real.
In response to my inability to accept the truth, I held onto her tighter.

I grasped her shoulders firmly in my hands, my fingers digging into her soft flesh as I pushed myself inside of her. She was perfection; more beautiful than I remembered. I grinned in complete satisfaction; every inch of her body pressed up against mine as she moved with me in unison.

I wanted everything. I wanted all of her, the good and the bad. The confusing and the wonderful. I knew without a doubt that there could never possibly be anyone else for me, not even close.
I sighed, trying to restrain myself as my hormones and heart started working in harmony. I wanted, no need, to own her. I needed to possess her desires, command her lust; if it was the only thing I did with the rest of my life, I needed her to need me.

There was no way I could ever loose her again, not after everything we went through, not after finally admitting my unyielding love for her. I had to make sure that she understood that, I had to make her see that there was no way we were ever going our separate ways.
I needed to wipe her brain clean of all the bad things in the world. I need to - wanted to - spend the rest of my life reaffirming that I loved her more than anything. I needed to never let a day go by when she didn't know the truth... and more than that; I needed her to love me and believe me. Only me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


You Fill My Heart - Jason Walker

Christmas

I sat beside Alex, his arm resting lightly around my shoulders as I watched my dad, Austin, Lauren, Stephanie and Alexia, tear through the presents below the Christmas tree. “They’re not going anywhere you know…” My mother quipped, flopping down on the other side of me, a mug of hot coffee in her hands.
They didn’t answer her, continuing to tear at the brightly coloured paper, until their spoils were scattered across the floor.

I chuckled along with Alex as my family dispersed across the house; everyone moving off to their own rooms, leaving us alone. “Are they always like that?”

“Worse…” I answered, causing him to laugh louder. “They were on their best behaviour for you.” I grinned up at him before leaning over, resting my head on his shoulder as we settled back on the couch, watching the day break through the front, bay window. “What time do your parents get in?” I asked him, my eyes still focused on the winter land outside.

“I’m suppose to pick them up at noon… I can’t believe they’re staying here… so many people.” He sighed, leaning down to kiss the top of my head. “Too many people… how do I get you alone?”

“I have the utmost faith in you.” I giggled, sighing as I finally pushed myself off the black leather surface and made my way into the kitchen. I felt Alex moving behind me as he chased after me, pulling me into a hug before I reached the fridge.

I sighed in complete contentment as I wrapped my arms back around him, breathing him in as he held me, tightly. He pulled away slightly, just enough to smile down at me, staring like always. “Don’t you ever get tired of looking at me… I mean, it’s not like I change or anything…”

He shook his head, grinning broadly. “No, you don’t change… it’s just, the more I look, the more I see…”
I pursed my lips and rolled my eyes slightly as he kissed the top of my forehead; no matter how many times he said things like that to me, I’d probably never be able to take him seriously.
That didn’t mean I wanted him to stop though.

The phone rang and I jumped slightly. Alex didn’t let go of me, continuing to hold onto me tightly as he walked me backwards towards the phone. “A Mr. Troy Crosby…” He chuckled as he pulled the phone off the receiver and handed it to me.

“Hey, Merry Christmas!” I shouted into the phone without waiting to find out who I was talking to. It was someone from Sidney’s house, that was really all I needed to know.

“Hey pretty lady! Get a good haul this year?” Keisha shouted back, causing me to laugh as I glanced back over my shoulder at the assortment of gifts under the tree.

“I still haven’t opened anything yet… too busy watching everyone else I guess.” I explained as Alex bent down to nuzzle his face into my neck. “What about you? Sidney get you anything good?”

She let out a loud squeal and I could only imagine how badly he’d spoiled her. “Honest to god… to god! The damn wrapping paper he used, cost more than I make in a year… I got the poor kid a photo album and a tie…” She sighed audibly, but there was still no mistaking the grin I could easily picture on her face.

“I’m sure he still loved it.” I said, trying to comfort her ego as Alex began to rub his stubble against the sensitive skin on my neck. “Anyway, how’s Cole Harbour treating you?”

I could only imagine the answer to that. Ever since Sidney and Keisha had become a couple, things had certainly been turned upside down in the Crosby household.
Troy was against it, obviously. He had dealt with Sidney’s crush on me only because I was Mario Lemieux’s daughter, and in some sick way, that made me good enough for him.
Troy’s reasoning’s behind his attempted sabotages on their relationship, ranged from it being ‘too soon’ for him to be seen with someone else, to Keisha’s skin colour. Apparently, Troy believed, people would have issues with the Golden Boy being in an interracial relationship.
That wasn't going to sway Sidney. He listened to his dad when it came to hockey and endorsement deals; he was happy, so happy with Keisha.
There was no way he'd let his father ruin that for him... not after he'd spent his whole life searching for a girl like her.

“Hmm… what can I say, I think I’m starting to grow on Papa bear… and things with Sidney are good... I guess. Ugh, ok no lies, I'll be honest... I love the kid to death but if he tries to get me to play hockey one more time, I might kill him.” We both laughed at that, Alex chuckling along with us; apparently Keisha’s voice was carrying - like normal. “No kidding… you’d think there are things to do here… nope. Hockey and standing out front of the bingo hall, no wonder these kids leave town when they’re fifteen.” She quipped while I rolled my eyes; yes the kids left town at fifteen, and then they usually ended up at my house. If anyone knew Sidney’s hockey addiction, it was me.
We said our goodbyes and I told her to give Sidney a hug for me.

I smiled to myself as I hung up the phone, Alex’s arms winding around my waist once again. “Are you gonna open your presents now?” He asked sheepishly as he tugged me away from the kitchen.

I sighed, enjoying the look of excitement and anxiousness on his face. “I suppose I could do that for you…” I chuckled, allowing him to lead me into the living room.

I flopped down on the couch while he grabbed a package and handed it to me. Grinning I pulled off the wrapping, only to feel my mouth drop.
I stared at the photo in my hands, unable to believe it was real. Turning it over I could only shake my head as I felt laughter bubbling up inside of me. “It’s good, isn’t it? Best present you ever got?!” He said proudly, causing me to tear up as the laughter erupted out of me.

“You got me and autographed picture of yourself?” I howled, clutching the frame in my hand as I stared down at it.

“Yah… what could be better than that? Now you can look at me even when I’m not around.”

“And it’s autographed…” I added with a snort.

He nodded, proud as a peacock. “And it’s autographed.”

“Alex, love, don’t ever change. Ok?” I said quietly as he flopped down beside me, throwing his arm around my shoulder. He grinned at me as handed me another package, a smaller one.
I pulled the lid off the box and pulled out a hockey puck.
I glanced over at him, raising my eyebrows as he continued to grin. “An autographed picture of you, and a hockey puck?” I laughed quietly as I wiped away my tears.
I couldn’t help but feel my face light up as I realized that in his mind, these were probably the sweetest things anyone could possibly receive. "Thank you."

He reached out and flipped the hockey puck over, until I could read the white words on the other side; I read them out-loud:

“People are so cynical about love, because,
love truly is everything it’s cracked up to be.
It really is worth fighting for,
being brave for,
risking everything for.
And the trouble is, if you don’t risk anything,
you risk even more.”

I bit my lip as I finished, feeling the emotion well up inside of me as I glanced over at him. He took my momentary silence to reach over and turn the small puck onto it’s side.
I glanced down: November 17th, 2008. “What’s that?” I asked slowly, going back through my mind and trying to figure out what had happened last November. Obviously a hockey game, a game that Alex had scored on with this puck, but I couldn’t make the connection.

“That night I only scored that one goal. I skated by you afterwards and you smiled at me.
And when you smile at me like that, like you really saw me… I knew one day I was going to make you my wife.”

I felt like I couldn’t breath, like everything in the world had just stopped. I couldn’t get my mind to wrap around what he saying; was he asking, or just making an observation?
I watched him in slow motion as he moved off the couch in front of me, dropping down onto his knees and taking my hands in his.
I could see his lips move but I couldn’t make sense of the words; the ringing in my ears were too loud. “I don’t… I don’t know what you’re saying… oh my god.”

“I love you Jespin. I know it’s soon, and I’m not saying that we need to plan anything yet… I don’t want to pressure you, but I need you forever.” He grinned, his eyes brimming with elation as he looked up at me. “Engagements aren't even big things in Russia… people don’t make big hooplas over them or anything so… it’s not a huge-”

“I love you, Alex.” I managed to choke out. “I need you forever too.” I finished, causing his grin to widen as he pulled out the ring.

He stood up slowly, once the ring was in place on my finger, pulling me up beside him. He gently put his arms around me, brushing his lips against mine, as I pressed myself against him. I breathed him in, the tears of joy falling freely down my face as I clung to him.
I took a deep breath, realizing for the first time - without a doubt - that I would never have to let him go again. Not because of anyone or anything.
Alex loved me - loved me just as much as I loved him - and there was no one in the world that could ever take that from me.

The love that coursed through my veins would never require embellishments or glitz and glam; it was perfect in it’s own existence, and would never need more than him.
I knew that I was young and that there would still be the naysayer’s but at that moment, I couldn’t cares less about any of it; not when I’d already found someone who made everything sweeter. That one person that I could be myself around and not worry about being judged or put down; someone that filled my heart with wonder, every time I saw him.

Out of the corner of my eye, I caught sight of my father. He was leaning against the wall, his arms crossed over his cheat; grinning from ear to ear.
I smiled back at him and he nodded slightly, telling me how much he loved me in a single action.
I shut my eyes again as I began to laugh and cry at the same time.

How beautiful that crowded, messy room looked in that moment; my entire life in one single second of happiness. Everything had been worth it then, I knew that for sure; every tear, every heartache, every feeling of disappointment - it was all nothing but a distant memory in comparison to the love I felt now.
I sighed to myself as Alex pulled away, grinning down at me as he ran his fingers down the side of my face.

I saw in his eyes then, all the validation of the world; telling me that never again would I let down the people that I loved.
The rest of the world could disappear for all I cared; their opinion wouldn’t effect me, not ever again, not ever in the same capacity as before.
I knew now, without a doubt that the only people who mattered were the ones that loved me; Alex, the most amazing of all.

I wasn't worried about the future, not as long as I had him. Nothing would ever mean as much to me, as the love that we shared; and as long as we had that, I would never give up on happiness.
I would never again become a traitor against my own heart.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

colour of love

23 comments:

  1. That was beautiful, and i can't wait for the day when you make a suqual to this. I know you said it won't be for a long time, but maybe *hint hint* it will be alot sooner.

    I loved this story, you're an amazing writer and I would like to thank you for providing such an entertaining piece of reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Fucking wow.


    This story was so amazing, it made me realize I need to update my story way more often, you were so consistent, I was waiting every night for an update.

    It was just so amazing. Wow again lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow! that was absolutely amazing!!!

    the ending was so perfectly beautiful.

    -O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Fucking Shit. That.Was.Amazing.
    hoooooly shit.

    This story was amazing amazing and I'm sooo pumped you're going to write a sequel.

    and this ending? dear lord could we get anymore perfect? An autographed picture? oh alex how I love thee(:

    god, I can't even express how much awesome this story possesses. too much for words!

    amazing amazing amazing job zigh!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing end to an amazing story!!!! So glad that Sid found love with Keisha and is happy! So glad that Jes and Ovie worked things out and didn't let the other stuff get in the way anymore! And what a great proposal!!! Thank you are writing such a great story for us to follow each night!! Looking forward to the sequel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely loved it. It was beautiful and so sweet of him.

    Thanks for this awesome story. I loved checked every day for updates. I can't believe you wrote a story so well that I was cheering for Alex rather than Sidney.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zigh... The ending was as I expected, absolute perfection. Alex didn't cease to amaze me. And Mario... I still love him as a dad.

    Bravo my dear. Bra-vo. *Standing ovation*

    ReplyDelete
  8. ps... I'm really excited for Colour of Love now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. W.O.W. I fucking love you! The end to this was SO SO SO SO SO SO SO AMAZING! AHHHHH so happy and smiley and lovey and COULD NOT BE ANY MORE PERFECT!

    Keisha and Sid together made my life, Alex giving Jes the autographed picture also completed my life, and the end?! When he proposed?! MY HEART IS BURSTING WITH ENERGY AND HAPPINESS!

    So much love for this amazing story, Zigh. SO MUCH LOVE. And a sequel?! I can die happy.

    Amazing, fantastic, perfect. I loved it. Simply loved it<3

    ReplyDelete
  10. You left me in tears it was so beautiful and perfect. I'm damn near speechless. Awesome Zigh. Fantastic!!

    P.S. KEISHA AND SIDNEY?! YESSSSSS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely fucking beautiful! Excuse the language but I can't come up with a better word at the moment. That was perfect! This actually makes me want Alex Ovechkin... well at least the one in the story. That was the most perfect proposal, just wow.

    Fantastic job with this story. I don't think anyone could have written it better, it was the closest thing to perfect. Great Job, Zigh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so amazing...this story always kept me on my toes. im extreemly sad to see it end =[..but i know that you have alot of good stories going.

    wow i wasnt expecting ovie to propose =]...and his autographed picture..PRICELESS..had me litterally rollon in the floor laughing.

    sooo happy about sid and keisha =]

    thanx for all the time youve put into this story.(sorry if my comments about how i thought the story should go got annoying)
    -jimie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, maybe now I've had enough time to calm down so that I can adequately--and sufficiently--convey to you how beautiful this ending was.

    Not only are they back together, and things are as they should be, but they're both growing and learning from each other. Ovie's parents are coming in for Christmas! Last year, he couldn't even think of spending the holiday with them. And Jes, even though she still may not be completely comfortable in her skin, is at least more comfortable now than before. They're better people together than they are when they were apart, and that's a sure sign that two people truly need to be together.

    ...And they will be together! Yes yes yes! They're gonna get married and have tons of babies! I don't think it's cliche, because we all knew it was coming. They *have* to be together.

    The presents, I mean, were perfect. The picture is so perfectly Ovie. And I completely lost it at the puck. The proposal. OMG, I'm getting teary-eyed again. /sigh. And Mario. Perfection.

    This caps off the end of a story that, like this post, has been nothing short of amazing. It was such a unique idea, but I knew from the get-go how could this was going to be. You always have incredible ideas, and they make for fantastic stories. "Traitor" has been such an emotional roller coaster. So many laughs, tears, and some particularly raunchy sex scenes, too.

    Goodbye, Jes and Ovie. Hello, Sid and Keisha! Haha, I know you're not getting around to it for a long time, and that's fine; you of course know how anxious I am for your upcoming stories *cough*forcedfate*cough* but I can't wait to see love blossom between those two. And, of course, the occasional update about our fave fictional Lemieux daughter and caveman Capital.

    SO, Zigh, thank you for thinking of this idea, thank you for writing it all down, and thank you for sharing it with us. You should be so proud of your hard work, dedication, and creativity. I've loved knowing I had something good to read every night over the past 2+ months (WJC breakdown aside), and I'll miss the opportunity to share a bit of their lives. But, as they say, onto bigger and better things!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just a suggestion, would you consider doing a story on Geno and Alyonka Larionov?? That's the girl who baked perogies with Geno. She's russian, her dad is a famous russian hockey player. And they would absolutely be ADORABLE together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. AND maybe it could be a love triangle between her, Geno and Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aha I'm so with Jay on this... Sid and Keisha?? I know, I know, you're writing umpteen stories, but maybe you have the time for a one-off special, a long chapter on their relationship, or how Christmas went down in the Crosby household?

    I hate that this is over, I hate how I found it so late, and I hate that you made me love Ovie in the story. But I love your writing, and that's why I HEART this story. Before I start writing a Jay style essay, I shall be sending you my itunes bill (cos the songs were that good) and I have promised myself not to read anymore Ovie ffics.

    God, I can't believe I read this in one go. Sleep time now Zzzz....

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG! I LOVE THIS! Please make a squeal as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just read this story and it is fantastic!!!
    My favorite part though, is that she ended up with Alex. There are SO many Sidney stories it was nice to see the Russian get some love too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow i just found this story online and I LOVED IT. it was so beautifully written, thank you for putting the effort into writing this work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just reread this story again. I can't wait for you to write the sequel to it. I hope that you start it soon. I am soooo excited to see what's going to happen in it

    ReplyDelete
  21. you said in the author's note that it would be a long time before you wrote the sequel, but its been more than a year. How long is a long time because I loved this story and can't wait for the sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  22. please please please post the sequel to this story!!!!!!! I really want to know where you wanted to go with this storyline because I loved this story

    ReplyDelete
  23. I miss this story. I was hoping you would put up the sequel

    ReplyDelete