Tuesday, January 5, 2010

#51 - (Lord Stanley, Lord Stanley) … Bring Out The Brandy

Ok... I was so excited about this update haha.
Writing it gave me chills - not because I think I'm a fantastic writer, but - everytime I think about game 7 I keep remembering 'that' moment.
That one moment, at the very end, where every dream seemed possible...


Also... EH O-CANADA, GO!! Let's make it 6 years in a row boys! I know you've got it in you!!

Oops... and before I forget... please don't hate me because of this update... = /

Red Wings vs. Penguins


I stood in the walkway by the ice, watching from behind Marc’s net as the wings ploughed in slashing and fighting their way towards him.
I saw Marc drop, expecting a low shot; when the puck went wide, flying up and ricocheting off the metal bar with a distinctive ping.

I gasped with the rest of arena; half from disappointment, half with relief. Collecting my thoughts I glanced up at the box to see my father hanging over the edge, his eyes alight with excitement and surety. He had no doubt how game seven was going to end; turning my eyes back to the game, I had to disagree.

There were seconds - seconds - left in the game and the Pens were winning by one goal. I could feel the excitement radiating off the black and white sea behind me, mixing with the determination from the boys in front of me.
From somewhere deep within the building, a buzzer sound, and time stopped.

Everyone stood still, unmoving; silent as we looked around at each other, trying to make sense of what had just happened. I caught Marc’s eye as he looked back over the net; he looked as confused as I felt.
And then the world exploded.

The crowd erupted with screams of joy and elation; thousands of voices mixing together to form one loud ring of victory. I threw my hands over my mouth as tears began to flow down my face and I felt strangers pulling me into hugs as together we celebrated.

Even the mass of red and white were on their feet nodding together as a new prince was crowned.
I watched Sidney take his existence, smiling without abandon as he hoisted the world in a cup, above his head.

My father was crying, his arms folded over his chest as he watched flashes of his life dance in front of his eyes; my mother beside him, holding him as she grinned. I ran to them, winding my way through the throng of people; moving towards the surface of the ice as fast as I could.

My dad grabbed my hand, pulling me behind him as he moved onto the ice with my mother. We walked along the carpeted walkways that were appearing out of nowhere, heading to Sidney.

He was surrounded by a mass of reporters, all yelling questions and congratulations at him. Troy, Trina and Taylor found us; joining forces as we pushed towards him.

Finally moving away from the media he reached out, taking his father’s hand in a firm shake before pulling his mother and sister into his chest.
I spoke to Tyler and Kris as they moved past me; Max came over to give me a hug before moving on to talk to my father.
Sidney whispered to his mom, grinning as she reached up to kiss his cheek. Our eyes met and his grin widened.

He slid towards me, his feet effortlessly finding the only pieces of ice left clear as he closed the gap between us.
When he stopped in front of me, we both just smiled, neither of us having words to speak. The excitement and climax of euphoria that was erupting all around me turned my brain to mush as he bent down.

My lips found his - naturally - as his arms wound around my waist pulling me against him. I reached up, winding my hands through the back of his wet hair as he lifted me off the ground.
We broke apart after a few minutes - or days - grinning at each other sheepishly as our families closed in around us.

My dad laid his hand down on my shoulder and I looked back at him; he smiled down at me, nodding slightly as he looked over the crowd, his eyes seeking the silver Cup.
I watched it move towards us as Guerin came through the crowd, holding it out to my dad.


I bit my lip as more tears fell over my lids, my dads sturdy hands wrapping around the shiny trophy, grasping it back up to him. “Let’s see it Lemieux!” Someone yelled as my dad laughed along, throwing the cup up over his head as my mom giggled.

“Careful you don’t tip over, old man…” I heard her chirp from behind him, causing us all to laugh again. Sidney’s arms wound around me tightly and he nodded for me to follow him.
He held my hand tightly in his as we headed back to the locker-room.

Someone had allowed the Russians around the alcohol without staying to supervise and I ended up getting drenched before we even reached the hallway. When I tried to complain Geno just laughed at me, turning to chase after Oksana with a foaming bottle of champagne.
Sidney could hardly contain his excitement, not like I could blame him; this was the moment he’d been waiting about his entire life. It was amusing to watch though. He bounced with every step he took, giving out high-fives to people with his free hand as we passed them.

When we finally reached the locker room, I was surprised to see how quiet it was. Only a few of the players were in here, surrounded by their wives, girlfriends, and young children.
I went over and sat down on the bench beside Billy’s oldest daughter while Sidney went to change out of his gear. We watched Guerin attempt to jive with a few of the smaller children; me laughing, her hanging her head in shame.

Finally the rest of the players came filing through the door, followed by my parents. My dad ran over and grabbed an arm full of champagne bottles off the table before disappearing again, leaving Jordan laughing in his wake. “Looks like he’s got the right idea.” He chuckled loudly, plopping down beside me.

I smiled back, but that was all I could really do. I’d had the same smile plastered on my face for so long that it was starting to hurt. “Here have a drink Jes!” Max shouted, passing me a full bottle of champagne.
I shrugged my shoulders and allowed Jordan to open it. He grabbed another bottle for himself and we clinked the glass together, tipping them up at the same time.


I was fairly inebriated by the time Sidney had fought his way back to me; the throng of reporters growing with each passing minute. “Jesus I wasn’t gone forty-five minutes!” He laughed, grabbing - the now - almost empty bottle from me. “Did you drink all this?” He asked, tipping the bottle back and finishing it off before I could answer him.

Everything else was dream-like after that. Sidney clutched onto me tightly not letting me out of his reach as we moved around the room.
We all celebrated late - or early - into the morning, drinking, dancing and basically just being loud and rambunctious.

I arrived back home with Sidney shortly after six, both of us giggling as we tried to tiptoe up the stairs.
It was a useless attempt though; we were incredibly loud - lucky for us no one else was home.

I was exhausted but my body and mind wouldn’t stop; I was still running off of the adrenaline and excitement from the night before. Sidney seemed to be the same way, the grin never leaving his face as he lead me to my room.

He wrapped me in his arms as soon as he had closed the door behind him; his lips finding mine as we tumbled backwards onto the bed.
It felt wrong for so many reason, but right at the same time.
I was hurting, literally, from the loss of Alex; but whenever Sidney touched me, I was able to forget about it - at least for a few minutes.
In the heat of the moment I couldn’t help but feel like this wasn’t such a bad thing. I had given it a try, I had done everything I could to make it work - or at least that’s how I felt.

But maybe I had never really given it a try. Maybe I had been so caught up in all the reasons it was wrong, I never fully stopped to think about whether or not it could be right.
I didn't know how to be with someone in a relationship capacity... or at least I hadn't...

It was so soon, too soon, but why not now? Why shouldn't I try to be happy now?
Does waiting make it any easier to move on?
The questions began to stick in my mind, deeply rooting their way inside; until they weren't even questions anymore.
When Sidney’s hands started tugging at my clothing, I didn’t stop him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I Still Care For You - Ray Lamontagne


Mario had told me that I needed to give Jespin time, space, to work things out. He said that this had probably changed her a lot - she wouldn‘t be the same person anymore. It had seemed like a reasonable request; something that made sense and should be obeyed, but it couldn’t be helped.
When I saw her out there on the ice, tears in her eyes; I had to hold her.

I was still reeling off my win, our win, and I allowed myself to get caught up in the moment; something that didn’t happen very often.
When it did though, I knew it was worth it. Winning the Cup was like a weight off my chest, like I could finally draw a full breath again.

And then suddenly there was no reason not to kiss her. She was officially single, she had told me it was done for good.
Sure, I wasn’t foolish; I knew that she had feelings for him still, and that she probably would for a while. I wanted her to have those feelings for me though, and I wanted to help her get over him.
It was when I kissed her and I felt her kiss me back that I knew she didn’t need space, she needed me.


I could feel her soft skin below me as she hooked her ankles behind my back; the light from the sunrise, gently filtering in through her window. Her lips were delicate but passionate on mine; her hands sweeping gently along my arms.
I didn’t want this to be like the last time, I didn’t want this to be a mistake or something that she didn’t fully enjoy. I pulled her up to me, moving until I was sitting on my knees; her body still wrapped around mine as I lowered her on to me.

I pushed deeper into her; hot wetness surrounding me as I pulled my lips away from her. I looked down into her green eyes as she gripped my shoulders, swaying her hips gently.
She bit her lip and I bent down, dragging my lips along her neck softly. She let out a soft moan, shifting her hips back harder. She started to move quickly, thrusting me in and out of her, propelling my length deeper inside of her.

My eye went wide as I let out a small grunt, pulling my face back to watch her. She stared straight at me, passion and fire mingling in her eyes, causing them to sparkle whenever the morning light caught them.
She moved her hands up until she was grasping my shoulders firmly, applying pressure until I laid back on the bed.

Leaning over me further, Jespin moved her body faster; in long, needy movements.
Her mouth parted slightly as I gasped, feeling myself falling over the edge. I wanted to grab onto her, feel her under my hands; but I didn’t want to hurt her. Instead I reached out with one hand, grabbing onto the edge of the bed and squeezed.

She swayed on top of me for a minute longer, catching her breath as a small smile appeared on her lips. I grinned back, grabbing onto her and pulling her down against me.
She didn’t try to cover herself as I rolled over, on top of her. I looked down at her body; finally feeling like I could stare without upsetting her - unlike last time.
She reached down, grabbing onto my half-hard dick; rubbing her thumb along the top of it.

The action in itself caused me to freeze as I glanced down at her hand. I looked back up at her as she licked her lips, oblivious of my stare.
Finally looking up at me she began to apply more pressure; rubbing and massaging until I was hard again.
She let go and pushed me onto my back, crawling up in between my legs and taking my member back in her hands.
She directed me into her mouth and I closed my eyes, sighing deeply as her tongue began to dance around the head of my cock.

Apparently Mario had been right; she was not the same person anymore - not entirely. I was yet to decide whether or not that was good…

11 comments:

  1. I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I knew she was gonna sleep with sidney when she got back home. I's sorry but I'm still on team ovechkin, but waaay hot scene none the less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, oh man.

    I like the idea of Jes and Sid together, but it doesn't affect me in the same way that Jes and Ovie do. Does that make sense? I like Sidney and Jespin together in principle, but I don't love them together as a couple. Although, that was hot.

    Now what's going to happen?! Ugh, I'm in such suspense.... I need to know. Tomorrow will not come fast enough!!!!!! <-enough exclamation points? Ha, seriously though... NOT SOON ENOUGH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no. I was on Team Sidney before, earlier on in the story. I feel sooooooo bad for Alex! Poor thing. I'm not on any teams here, but this only deepens his hurt and feelings that he isn't worthy of love. Poor Alex.=(

    -elle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't know how I should feel about this... I love Alex so much in this story that I don't want Sid to be in the picture... And I love Sid. And that chapter was H.O.T! Sigh....

    I do agree with Jay though... Not nearly soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is tomorrow here yet? No, dammit. And nooooooooooooooo Sidney Crosby I hate you. I want Jespin and Alex to be together(: and I want him to finally open up about his brother dying. Ugh, why can't it just be easy for them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. HO-LY EFF. My brain needs time to process all of this. However, I'm not sure how I feel about Sid and Jespin as a...duo. It just doesn't seem right.

    But! On the plus side, hot hot hot! Hahaha that was some serious good stuff going on.

    But! On another side, I miss poor Alex. *Sigh* I wonder how he's doing...in Russia...all alone.

    And then again on another side! I'm dying with anticipation for tomorrow! I know, I know, I have many sides and I'm very indecisive. But what I do know is that this was another fantastc chapter, my dear. (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. damn you woman!! what the hell did you do!!!

    NOOOOOOO don't hurt alex!!! how could you?

    and go USA - John Carlson a caps prospect and ovie is captain!!!!!


    but hey the pens beat atl tonight!

    -O

    ReplyDelete
  8. holy crap!!!!...i dont know what to say!!!!!...i dont even know how i feel!!!

    I definatly(and obviously)like sid way better than ovie, but did i want this??

    i feel like doing"it" was a major mistake on both their parts..sid was high on adeniline and excitement..jes was drunk..and emotionally confused.

    idk why--but i feel an overwhelming sence of pity (is that the right word?)for ovie.The poor guy!!!!

    but still, never the less AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY!!!! I know I may be the only one but I love Sid so much so of course I want her with him instead of Ovie. I'm just afraid she will end up hurting Sid again. Can't wait for more and please don't stop writing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, seriously.. someone give me a virtual slap to the face after I say this..

    I'm on Team Caveman.

    I cannot believe that thought just came from my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So I'm getting caught up and this comment is gonna be quick and to the point...

    HOLY SHIT!! I need a drink.

    ReplyDelete