Sunday, January 3, 2010

#49 - Who’s That Girl?

RANT! lol
**Someone mentioned on the last update, that Alex still has a brother that's alive; yes, I know.
Please keep in mind that this is a fictional story, and as such, it excludes things that are real, and creates things that aren't.
Mario Lemieux also doesn't have a daughter named Jespin... but obviously for this story, it worked out that way.
Having Alex as the only living child in his family, will play into the future of this story, and added a differnt feeling/dynamics for the relationship he has with his family.

If I was going to base this story on facts completely, there wouldn't be characters for it... that's the point/fun with fan-fiction, you can write whatever you want.

I'm sorry to rant... I just wanted to make sure that people keep that in mind when they read this. These stories are meant to be fun and entertaining... if you want 100% real, you probably shouldn't read fan-fiction in the first place.

Cheers!**

Breakdown - Jack Johnson


For someone who didn’t speak a word of Russian, Jespin already had my parents wrapped around her finger. I wasn’t at all surprised though, she had the same effect on me; always had.

It was amazing how quickly everything had fallen back into place; how easy it was to forget everything that had happened in the past week and just move forward. I was more than ready to put this behind us, and she wasn’t pushing me for any information on Sergei.
Of course things were different, I knew we’d eventually have to go public at some point; and that was going to a shit storm for sure.

Alex Ovechkin the Washington’s leading man, dating the daughter of Mario Lemieux; Pittsburgh’s original Golden Boy.
I shook my head whenever I thought about what this was going to mean for Crosby and myself; the comparisons were bad enough in hockey. Now I was going to have to deal with the whole ‘why would she pick him over Crosby’ debate - something I was not looking forward to.

Of course it was a small price to pay; the happiness I felt when I was around her was worth almost anything. I looked over at her as she sat beside me, in the restaurant; her soft black hair falling down around her bare shoulders.
I grinned as I looked across the table at my parents; my dad was retelling the story about the time he was skeet shooting behind the apartments with my uncles. They had run out of disks so they ran back inside and started using the vegetables from my mom’s porch garden; she was still bitter about it.
Although Jespin couldn’t tell what he was saying, she still laughed at his expressions and actions.

My saving grace was that she couldn’t follow along whenever they went into embarrassing stories about me as a child. She still laughed, but I managed to maintain at least some of my dignity.
Our order came and we ate in moderate peace; or as peaceful as it could be with my dad there.
That was the difference from the America and Russia; here everyone still knew me, but the Russian people were less likely to come up and ask for autographs and pictures.

My parents left before us; my mom was going shopping and bringing my dad with her, Jespin and I were going to go sight seeing.
We left the restaurant and headed for the arena where I use to play hockey.

Even though it was almost June, there was a game going on when we got there, a group of guys - maybe fifteen or sixteen - were skating back and forth across the ice. “You guys play all year, yah? I wish I could have seen you when you were like that…” Jespin laughed from beside me, pointing down at one little boy who was celebrating the goal he just scored.

I rolled my eyes as he hugged his team, poking her in the side. “I was pretty fantastic.” I laughed as she snorted.
I wrapped my arm around her, tugging her against my side and kissing her lips gently.
We stayed like that, embracing for a long time before I finally pulled away.

“I’m glad you came…” I said softly, nuzzling my face into her hair.

“Me too.” She sighed. “I’m just sorry that it came to this…”

I nodded. “Yah but, now you’re here and you get to spend time in Russia… the greatest country in the world.” She snorted again as a smile broke out across her face.

“We’ll see what happens when the Olympics come…” She laughed, leaning against me.

I wrapped my arms around her and glanced around as he continued to watch the game from beside the ice. Something felt off. I couldn’t put my finger on it, but I was getting a bad feeling.
I moved back and grasped Jespin hand in mine, tugging on her until she turned and followed me. I wasn’t sure what my problem was, but I needed to get out of this building.
It was when I turned around that I realized what my problem was; news reporters. I glanced back at the ice trying to figure out why there was so many of them; must be some up and coming kid out there… I thought as I looked back around.

Whatever their reason was for being there, it had changed now. They were all focused on me and Jespin; cameras flashing as I started moving again, pulling her down the stairs and outside of the arena.

“What’s going on, Alex?” Jespin huffed as I sped up into a sprint, trying to put as much distance between us as possible.

“Shh… just wait, come on.” She didn’t ask anymore questions after that, allowing me to steer her back towards the house.


“Ok… can you tell me now?” She asked as she flopped down on the couch, pulling her legs up underneath her.

I walked over to the computer desk, flipping open the internet page for one of the popular Russian gossip sights. “Alex?” She whined, “what is it?”

“Reporters, cameraman… it’s gonna be everywhere soon. Fuck Jespin, I’m so sorry.”

“Sorry about wha-”

“They saw us.” I snapped, cutting off her question. “There were reporters there and now they have pictures of us making out… they’ll get posted everywhere and eventually someone is going to make the connection.” I sighed, turning back around to refresh the page.

“Well…” She said slowly, walking over to me. “I know this isn’t how we planned it but, they were going to find out anyway, right?”

I nodded slowly. “Yah but, I should have released the information in a press conference… you’re not just some random girl Jes. This is gonna piss a lot of people off… I’d ask if you were ready for that but, it’s a little late now.”

We sat quietly for a few minutes as I refreshed the page again. “Are you mad at me?” She asked softly, drawing my attention away from the computer.

“No. No baby, I just… I wish that this was going to be easier.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Unwell - Match Box 20


Alex was right. Faster than I would have thought possible the Russian news sights were over-flowing with pictures of Alex and I embracing.
By supper time it was on the news, and when Alex checked the internet before bed; it was swarming with forums wondering who I was.

Luckily, no one had seemed to figure out yet that the girl kissing Alex Ovechkin was the daughter of the Pittsburgh Penguins’ owner.
I wondered how long it would take for them to make the connection; how long it would take for the story to break in America.

I tried to push the thought out of my mind; tried to focus on the positives - like the fact that Alex and I were back together. Or the fact that everyone knew the truth now, and everyone was ok with it.
I suggested that it might be better if we hung out in his house, just lay low for a while; but Alex suggested that the damage had already been done.

I was planning on heading home to catch the last few games of the finals; it looked like it was probably going to go till at least game six. Alex wouldn’t be returning with me however. He wasn’t interested in watching the rest of the play-offs, and I couldn’t really blame him. Plus, I’d be spending so much time with dad and the rest of the Pens that I wouldn’t get to see him too much anyway.


“They know you work for the Capitals.” Alex said as he walked into the kitchen; where his mother and I were making cookies.

“What? How do you know?” I asked, gasping as I did so and earning a startled look from his mom.

He shook his head and sighed. “I was back on the forums… the pictures of us from the rink are now being compared to a video still from that night in the locker room… remember?”
I nodded my head slowly as Alex hurriedly whispered to his mother, who waved away his concern and he laughed humourlessly. “She still doesn’t get why it’s such a big deal.”

“I should probably call dad… let him know what’s going on…” I walked away from the kitchen and into the living room, pulling out my cell phone and plunking myself down in front of the computer. I couldn’t read what anyone was saying, obviously, but I knew how to get to Google.
I typed in ’Alex Ovechkin’ and ’girlfriend’, clinking on the first link that came up. There were several of the same pictures over and over again; all of them were of me and him.

I started to read some of the things people were saying, as I punched in my home phone number. “Jes?”

“Hey dad! Did you-” I began, but he cut me off.

“When are you coming back?”

“I was going to leave in a couple days… why?’

Pause. “Have you been on the internet lately?”

I scrolled down on the mouse, moving the screen so I could continue reading. “Yah… I’m on right now.”

My dad sighed, sounding sad and distressed. “I think maybe you should just come home for a little bit, wait till the playoffs are over and then we’ll release a statement. I just… I don’t want anymore pictures of you guys coming out yet… they’re close to making the connection now, we need to beat them to it.”

“I’m sorry, I don’t see why this is that big of a deal…”

“Jespin listen. If this doesn’t come from me, then people are going to assume that I don’t approve and that’s just more crap we’ll have to deal with. I’d give a statement and explain what’s going on now but, I don’t want to do that to Sidney-” I started to interrupt him, wondering what Sidney had to do with this, but he pressed on. “- think about it Jes, this is going to be Sidney’s crowning glory… he’s going to win, I can feel it. The last thing that I want to do is have the media over-looking his achievement because of this relationship. Will you just give me until this is over? Then I promise we’ll work this whole thing out.”

I sighed. It was pointless to argue or try and make sense of what he was saying; I knew that Alex would probably agree with him anyway. As adamant as my father was about doing this properly, Alex was even worse in his quest to keep everything hush-hush.
We said our goodbyes and got off the phone, but I stayed in front of the computer reading.

‘There’s no way Ovie is dating her! He could have any girl he wanted, why would he pick a dog?”

‘Who knew Ovechkin liked fat chicks? She must have just been a night-stand or something…’

‘I say it’s photo-shopped, no way, NO WAY would Alex Ovechkin date her… she’s not pretty and they’re saying that she’s not even Russian’

‘And here I always thought Ovie had taste!’

‘Where’s that hot blond girl he use to date… at least she was something to look at… I heard that this one is like a janitor at the Verizon Centre or something.’


I knew that I should have stopped reading, but I couldn’t help myself, I had to see what else they were saying.
I was so enthralled in the forums that I didn’t even notice the tears overflowing my lids; or that Alex was standing behind me. “Jespin?” He said softly, his hands gently resting on my shoulders. “Jes, stop… don’t read that shit.”

“I… I…” I sputtered, unable to do anything else but turn around to look at him.

He looked devastated as he pulled me off the chair towards him. “It’s not true, none of that is true. It’s what jealous people do when they have nothing worthwhile in their lives, ok?” I couldn’t do anything except cry. “Jespin look at me.” He grabbed onto my chin and tilted my face towards him. “You’re beautiful and you know it… they don’t know anything about you…”

“There’s a hate club!” I managed to choke out, glancing back around at the brightly lit screen. “They don’t even know who I am but there’s a hate club.” Alex sighed, pulling me against him.
I pressed myself into him, holding onto him tightly as I tried to make sense of everything.

I knew I wasn’t the prettiest girl ever, but was I really a dog? Obviously my parents weren’t going to tell me that, and neither would my friends… maybe what a stranger said was a better indication…
If they’re right… if everything that they said is right… then Alex should be with someone better.
I had believed that because I loved him I was what was best for him; but it wasn’t like no other girl was capable of loving him. There were lots of other girls that could love him - girls that deserved him.

10 comments:

  1. Nooo!!! JESPIN!!!! Alex loves you! Sidney loves you! sigh...

    I'm sad that she has to leave Russia... I'm sad that Alex isn't going with.

    And I'm sad that they still have to hide this to let Sid have the spotlight.

    but I loved the update! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...

    I don't even know what to say. I wish the whole "going public" thing would be easier on them, but due to the nature of their relationship and who they are, no way that's going to happen.

    But poor Jespin! Ugh, girls are so horrible. Those kind of comments are disgusting, but they exactly are the kinds of things that get said. I just wish that Jes could see herself the way Ovie sees her.

    And I don't know what to say beyond that. Poor, poor Jes. I'm expecting shit to hit the fan, but I hope it's not too messy :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i didn't mean anything about the brother thing, i just wasn't sure if you knew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, poor Jespin. Thats a horrible thing to hear about yourself and she can't believe it! Ugh, and coming home to Sidney without Alex might make her question their relationship even more. I hope he comes back with her, she's going to need him. But he won't and she won't ask him because they are stubborn!
    and I totally thought you weren't going to update this tonight, I was literally refreshing my dashboard every 5 minutes. It was only slightly pathetic(:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I abslolutely love this story...i cant wait to see what happens. Hopefully it goes over smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, so I just commented. I know, I get that. But, I had a better idea then dragging Alex with her to the US. Talk to Oskana!!!! Who better to talk to about internet bashing then the Queen of Internet Bashing. She's already talked about what people say earlier in the story, I forget what chapter and am FAR to lazy to go look. So go Jespin, talk to Oskana!(: Okay, now I'm done

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this update. It's only fair to Sid, let him have the spotlight of winning the Cup. Maybe if they release a quite statement in the wild days following the Cup win it might get a little less attention.
    Lexi- you made me feel better. I check on several stories too many times in a night. Glad to know I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow...girls can be soo horrible!!!!!

    haha i know i always give suggestions..but i cant help it,,i really hope it dosent offend/bother you.
    cause heres another one. I think it would really add a twist to the story if ovie came back with jes, and the pens lost the cup!!..idk y, but i think it would..

    thanx..hope im not too annoying =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. UGH damn jealous internet girls! I feel awful for Jespin. She has to know that she's not a dog or anything like that. If she only knew what Ovie thought of her, she'd never have a doubt about how gorgeous she was.

    I'm really nervous for what's gonna happen next. I hope it doesn't get too crazy when they find out that she's Mario's daughter. =/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm all caught up again! *sigh* I think i like reading the chapters in groups because then I'm like "YAY I DON'T HAVE TO WAIT CAUSE I'M BEHIND!" Well now I have to wait... haha.

    This made me cry, A lot. =(

    I agree with some of the other girls, I think if she talks to he other GF's, OKSANA (heh), it'll help her out A LOT!!

    Awesome lady! <3

    ReplyDelete