Sunday, November 29, 2009

#13 - Only

Fallen Through - Skye Sweetnam


“Come in...” I called out in response to the knocking at my office door; trying to make my voice as pleasant as possible. I lifted my head out of my hands and glanced up as the it opened. Mike stepped through giving me a big grin before he flopped down on the chair across from me, kicking his feet up onto my desk. I raised my eye brows as I watched him, waiting.

“Ugh! You‘re in a bad mood too?” He whined, pulling his feet off the polished surface and leaning over the desk towards me.

“What are you talking about?” I sighed, leaning away from him. I wasn’t in a good mood and the last thing I needed was stinky hockey boy in my face.

He tilted his head, rolling his eyes as he watched me. “Ovie’s tearing up the dressing room, and you’re moping. Who am I suppose to party with tonight?”

“I’m not moping…” I said quietly, folding my arms over my chest and avoiding his question and comment. I didn’t want to admit I was in a bad mood; and Alex had no reason to be angry so - destruction had to be an overstatement. He chuckled softly, pushing himself off the chair and standing up.

“Well, we’re going out tonight!” He said happily, extending his hand towards me. “It’ll be fun Jes, I promise… come on!” He added when I wouldn’t accept his gesture. He walked towards me, grabbing my arm and pulling me up. “We’ll get ya so drunk that you don’t even remember his name!”

“Who’s name?”

“That’s the spirit!” Mike laughed, causing me to groan as I allowed him to drag me out the door.



I felt uncomfortable in the crowded bar. It was packed with scantly clad people and the line up was still wrapped around the building outside; not that that effected us - god forbid a Capital had to wait in a line.
I squeezed in between Semi and Mike, not wanting to associate with the more rowdy crowd of guys off to the side; I shook my head as I watched them carrying on.
I wasn’t a stranger to the secret lives of hockey players; having grown up around them, but this was still weird. I was use to my boys.
I was used to Geno and his insatiable taste for vodka and women. I was used to Max and his loud shirts and louder voice. I was used to Gogo and Jordan and their disorderly, uncontrollable lifestyles… those things felt like second nature to me, but this mirror image didn’t fit right.

I couldn’t help comparing them. Who was the ladies man, who was the shy, quiet one, who was the party animal… who was the leader…?
It made me sad, thinking about them like that; like I was trying to replace my family with a bunch of people I hardly knew. The sadness spreading through me, on top of the anger I was still feel towards a certain Russian, were making me pound back the drinks; a lot more than I should have.

Good on his word Mike kept them coming; unfortunately, I couldn’t drink enough to drown out his comments and questions. “So you’ve fallen for the old Ovie charm?” He grinned at one point, resting his arm around my shoulders and pulling me towards him.
He didn’t do it in a seductive manner; more like the action of a trusted friend, trying to keep something from being overhead.

“No!” I said in a loud whisper, feeling my face heat up. It was an effect of the alcohol, for the most part. I chalked the rest off to being embarrassed that Mike could think I would ever fall for Alex; ignoring the part of me that was suggesting maybe in a weird way, he was right.

“You sure about that? I think he’s falling for you…” He added, wagging his eyebrows at me as I stared at him incredulity.

Rolling my eyes I glanced away towards the bar. Alex was there, of course he was there. I sighed, taking another sip of the martini in my hand. “Alex Ovechkin has the emotional range of rock, and the mental capacity to match.” I spat at Mike, causing him to break out in hearty laughter and mumble something about ’avoiding questions and selective hearing’.

The next time conversation occurred to me; the table a foot away was covered in empty glasses and I couldn’t stop laughing even though nothing was happening. “Ohno… I don’t-’member what I was gonna’do…” I slurred, staring hard at Mike, searching for a coherent thought.

“You were about to go get Alex… he wants to dance with you!” Mike grinned at me.

“Yes!” I shouted enthusiastically, I love dancing! How did I forget that? I thought happily, rocking back and forth until I had enough force to propel myself off the couch.
I hit the table first; cracking my shin off the side of it. “Are my boobs’out?” I shouted at Mike, leaning over in front of him as I tried to adjust myself and rub my sore leg at the same time. Ugh… I hate bras! A man, a man invented these… damnit! I should burn it like they use to… I need a match…
Where was I going? Shit, I need a drink.


I stumbled away from Mike and the other guys, all of whom were watching me go. I was halfway towards the bar when I tripped.
One second I was falling towards the ground; the next I was covered in vodka and being hoisted up by a pair of strong arms. Alex! Wait, what did he want again? “What?” I shouted at him.

“What?” He shrugged back, his warm breath blowing across my exposed skin; leaving goosebumps in it’s wake. I looked up into his face, staring. Haha, he looks like the Geico commercials. I bet he has a nice body though… six pack probably… god I want beer…

He was still watching me. “What?” I asked, unsure of what he wanted. He sighed, tucking my under his arm and spinning me around, back towards Mike. Oh yah! “Mike said’you-wanna to-dansh…” I word vomited, grabbing onto him for support and pushing him towards the dance floor.
I could feel his taut form underneath the thin layer of fabric that was separating our bodies.

Suddenly my face began to flush from something other than embarrassment and alcohol. He grabbed back onto me, dragging me behind him down the small set of stairs.
He spun me around until my body was squished against his. I looked downward at my breasts; the were popping out of the low-cut caps shirt I was still wearing from work, hanging out like a smorgasbord, begging to me fondled. I bit my lip, looking back at Alex.
Somehow, in a matter of seconds the entire world had disappeared, leaving me alone in the arms of this man; the only man I could see.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rhianna Vs. Ludacris - Stand Up/Umbrella


Jespin was completely smashed; anyone with eyes could see that. She was nestled on one of the couches in between Greener and Semi; giggling at nothing in particular, martini clutched tightly in one hand.
Greener had figured something out; every time he saw my looking in their direction he got a righteous smile on his face. It was pissing me off. That, on top of his arm draped around Jespin was throwing me over the edge - jealousy was not a good look for me, nor was it something I was accustomed to.
And I couldn’t deny that that’s exactly what I was experiencing. If she had a thing for Greener than there was nothing I could do about it; short of crushing his face in - a definite possibility given my current state.

I shook my head, tearing my attention away from her, I didn’t want to start fighting team-mates, I had to get out of here. And fuck her for this! Who is she to chase me out of the team’s bar? This was supposed to be my hunting grounds; a place I could come where people respected me, just as much as they did in the arena.
I headed towards the bar; I was Alex Ovechkin, I wasn’t going to let her chase me out. But if I was staying, a few more drinks were in order.
I grabbed the bartender’s attention, getting a glass of straight Vodka and downing half of it before I turned back around.

The first thing I noticed was that Jespin was no longer on the couch. I searched the crowd around Mike, unable to find her. I should have felt nothing, but I felt furry; if she left with someone else, it was a direct slap in my face. I exhaled loudly, catching Mike’s eye as I made my way towards him; at least I can relax with the guys now…

I was halfway back when I caught Jespin in my arms, sloshing some Vodka down her side as she stumbled into me. I glanced over at Mike as I pulled her up; he was pointedly looking away from me, a shit-eating grin plastered on his face. “What?” She yelled at me, grinning like a drunk chick from Girls Gone Wild.

“What?” I asked, shrugging my shoulders.

“What?” She yelled again, this time confusion clouded her face. I sighed, rolling my eyes as I secured her under my arm, moving back towards the couches. “Mike said’you-wanna to-dansh…” She hiccupped, wrapping an arm around my waist and pushing me backwards into the crowd of people.

A tiny piece of my brain was thinking that this was probably not a good idea; not after the conversation I had with her earlier. It was hard to forget her words, but harder to ignore the warmth of her body as her arms snaked around me.
I pounded back the rest of my drink, tossing the cup on a nearby table as I grabbed onto Jespin forcefully, pulling her down the stairs after me.

I found a semi-clear space and spun her around until her chest was pressed up against my ribcage. The beat pounding out of the speakers was fast, but I held her tightly, keeping her movement slow as she began to grind her hips into me.

I tilted my head back, grunting softly as her hands grabbed onto the back of my neck; twisting into my hair. I pulled my head back up and glanced down at her. Her eyes were closed and her teeth were tugging at her soft, pouty, bottom lip. Her crow black hair was sticking to her neck with perspiration; my eyes following a single drop of sweat as it rolled down the inviting crevice of her breast. I licked my lips, squeezing onto her hips powerfully, allowing my fingers to dig into her soft flesh - through a single layer of denim.
Her teeth released the glossed surface of her lip as her eyes grew wide in surprise. I released the pressure, sliding my hands back to her round ass. I pushed a foot in between her legs, pulling her towards my crotch.
I brought my face down, nuzzling it against the top of her head as the heat from her pussy started to spread up my leg, egging on my already growing erection.

This was out of the normal for me. I didn’t dance with girls, not like this. By the time I was even slightly aroused we were already on the way back to their place. I knew it wasn’t going to happen with Jespin, not tonight anyway, and as far as what was happening was concerned; I was ok with it, as long as I could keep her body against mine.

She dropped her hold on my neck, leaning away from me with her upper body. I held her firmly in place with my hands as she began to arch backwards; her hands raking through her damp hair.
It was my turn to bite my lip as she swayed her hips harder into me; a small smile playing on the corner of her luscious lips she dropped a hand down, running the length of her lean body.

I wanted her. As sure as I was fantastic, I wanted every inch of her confusing, bipolar body. As badly as I wanted her, I knew too, it was all the alcohol. How much would she have to drink in order to want me? I wasn’t sure, but it was obvious she’d reached that point.
I shook that thought away, it wasn’t hard to forget about self-pity when I was too busy undressing her with my eyes.
I could picture, oh too clearly, the soft flesh of her pale skin; the way it would feel underneath me, react to my touch. The sight of her bubble gum lips as they screamed my name, begging for me to fill her harder, faster. The way her nipples would stand up, hardening as I worked my tongue, lips and teeth over them. I could almost feel the pleasure of heat and wetness that would slide over me as I fucked her; whatever the position - I could picture them all.

I loved being the center of attention, people paying attention to me; right now however, I hated it. I’d give anything to be a regular guy; someone who would only have to deal with an arrest if I bent her over the railing. The thought was too tempting.

Like she was reading my mind, her eyes fluttered open, shining up at me as they reflected the flashing lights of the smoky room. At me.
This wasn’t a random drunk-dance; there was something else here. She didn’t just look at me as if I was a scratch post or a pole; she smiled at me, like she knew exactly what she was doing.
Maybe the alcohol was making her a bit more extroverted than usual; but she wasn’t acting completely out of character. That was the seductive grin of a girl that knew what she wanted; and those eyes were only for me.

5 comments:

  1. I'm taking a lead from you and quoting as I go..

    "the last thing I needed was stinky hockey boy in my face." I'll take a sweaty, smelly Mike Green in my face. Just sayin'.

    '“Who’s name?”
    “That’s the spirit!”'
    Bahaha, hilarious. I like MG a little more every time you write him in.

    I liked the part about comparing the Pens to the Caps until she said she was replacing her old family with her new hockey family. For some reason, that made me sad. But I loved the comparisons.

    At this point, I stopped quoting, except for this one, because it was fantastic: "As sure as I was fantastic..." LOVE IT.

    Zigh, this whole update was awesome. Oh my goodness, I can't believe I have to wait until tomorrow to find out what happens. There aren't enough words to say how unbelievably wonderful this was. And this comment's already way too long to try and figure it out.

    I can't believe you're making me like Ovie. You're a miracle worker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, awesome update! Can't wait to see where this dance leads too with these two!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great update! I LOVED the ending. Although it was a terribly mean thing for you to do! I don't like cliffhangers but for you and your awesome story, I will be patient :)

    "As sure as I was fantastic, I wanted every inch of her confusing, bipolar body." <--- I LOVED that line. So hilarious and great at the same time.

    fabulous post as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY SHIT!

    What just happened?! Honestly!? It's okay that when I imagine Ovie naked that I have a brown paper bag over his head right?! I mean that's normal for him I'm sure... it's not!? DAMN IT.

    Oh!! I can't wait until tomorrow to see what happens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. uhhhh.... wow.... yumm.... UGH! DAMN IT ZIGH! no... no ovie!

    anyways... that was HOT! wow...

    ReplyDelete