Tuesday, November 3, 2009

#1 - Mistake?

Alright! Here's a sneak peek of my new story... I really hope you guys like it! This will be the first and only for a while! I'm working on other updates and I have alot done, but it'll be another month before I start putting up nightly updates!
I just wanted to let you guys know what I had in mind for this one... hopefully get some feed back.
So, let me know what you think and don't hate me too much if it's a while before the next one... hope you like it!



Shinedown - Second Chance (Cover)

“So! Three days until you leave! Are you dying?!” I laughed loudly as I listened to Beth yell at me through the receiver of the phone. She was my best friend, the only person I could trust with anything, and I mean anything.
She would never sell me out, not for the world; we were soul-mates, partners in crime, closer-than-sisters. “Seriously Jespin, I can’t believe you’re leaving me.”

“I know! I’m gonna miss you so much… it’s not too late to change your mind though… you could come too?” I added the last part with hope in my voice, although I knew it was futile. Beth would never leave Pittsburgh, ever.

“Ha! Right… and go do what?! No thank you… I’ll stay right here with my sexy, Penn State boys. You’re crazy, by the way, you could have any guy you wanted here based off your last name alone.” I sighed, I wasn’t about to have this conversation with her; we’d been over it before. She viewed my name as the ultimate blessing, for me it was the ultimate curse.

I chuckled quietly as the creator of my curse walked into the room, leaning against my desk, looking at me expectantly. “Beth I gotta jet, dad’s lookin at me all needy…” He laughed slightly as we said our goodbye. “What’s up?” I asked as I tossed my phone onto my pillow.

“Can’t a guy just come say hi to his daughter?” He grinned mischievously as I shook my head.

“Not when it’s you…” I laughed. “What do you want?”

His face become serious instantly. “Don’t go Jes. I get it, I do… but, why can’t you just stay? Give Penn State one year and then if you don’t like it-”

“I won’t like it.” I said shortly. I didn’t want to get snappy with him, he was the greatest father anyone could ask for, and he didn’t deserve attitude; but I was sick of this conversation. “Dad…” I said slowly, starting off with a softer tone. “I need to do this, I need to go where no one knows me. I need people to see me as a person, not just Mario Lemieux’s daughter…”

He walked across my room, coming over to sit on the edge of my bed. “I missed so much Jespin… so much because of hockey. Now I feel like, I’m gonna miss everything again, even in retirement.” I sighed, scooting myself down towards him and throwing my arms around his shoulders.

“You were the best dad ever then, and you still are. Washington’s not so far…”

He started to laugh lightly; the motion shaking me slightly as I held on. “I use to tell you that when you were little, you remember?” I nodded as he gave me a sad smile. “Just promise me you’re not running away because you hate me.”

I laughed loudly and gave him a shove. “No… I’m actually running away because I hate him!” I nodded towards the door as Sidney walked through.

“Wha-? What did I do?” Dad looked at me and we both laughed at Sidney before getting off the bed.

“Alright well… I’ll let you get back to packing then… you’re still coming to the team dinner tonight, right?” I nodded as I watch my dad and Sidney leave, inhaling sharply as I felt tears start to pool in my eyes. God, don’t let this move be a mistake…




“So, Mario’s finally accepted that you’re actually going through with it.” I turned around as Sidney walked out of the house, coming to stand beside me in front of the pool. “You worried?”

I shrugged as I stared back out over the surface of the water. “I keep telling myself that I’m not, but… yah, I am.” I chuckled quietly as I turned to face the quiet boy that had changed from stranger to family over the past few years. “It’s dumb right… I’m the one that chose to do this, and now I’m the one that’s worried about it.”

He shook his head as he studied me for a minute, looking back over his shoulder through the patio glass before continuing. “You’re not dumb, you’re eighteen… there’s a difference.” He laughed as I crinkled my nose, trying to figure out whether or not he was making fun of me. “What I mean is, you’re living your life… you’re experiencing things, taking chance… it’s good, Jespin. You’re not the only one that’s worried either.” He glanced over his shoulder again.

I followed his eyes and saw my dad watching us, his brow creased with concern. “You probably think I’m a brat… my parents have given me everything in the world and I’m putting them through this… I‘m just tired, you know? I‘m sick of having everything because my dad‘s Mario Lemieux… lord, I am a brat.” I sighed, raising my eyebrows.

“All kids leave Jes. It’s what you’re suppose to do. Now… if your dad had his way he’d just keep you here forever, but, normally parents are glad when their kids leave.” I laughed as I nodded in agreement, if he had his way he would keep me here; hell, if he had his way I’d still be 6. “And I don’t think you’re a brat…” He said after a minute, causing me to look up at him again. “My parents gave me everything and I left… we all have to move on to bigger things… that’s the way it works.” He chuckled slightly before adding: “The worse part is, if you’re not here… I have no one to protect my chastity from Lauren.”

I laughed back, shoving him gently. “If someone wants to protect your chastity… I think they’re a little late. She’s almost legal now anyway… pretty soon you’ll be sneaking into her room.”

“She’s too young Jes, don’t joke about that.”

“She’s two years younger than me!” I stated incredulity, rolling my eyes at him.

“That’s different, you’re more mature.” He explained, throwing his arm around my shoulder. “You don’t use ’lol’ or ’FYI’ when you’re talking to someone face-to-face.”

I sighed as I nodded at his words, allowing him to spin me around and lead me back inside. “That is true. Hey… when did you get so smart anyway?” I quipped as he pulled open the patio door.

“I didn’t, your mom and Lauren made me watch Dr. Phil today.” He laughed, earning an amused look from my mom as we walked past her.



“Are you living on campus or in an apartment?” Geno’s girlfriend Oksana asked as I sat next to her on the couch.

“Apartment. I can’t see me really enjoying the experience of drunken sorority life…” She laughed in response as she made room for Max.

“Drunk sororities… what’s this?” I groaned as Max squeezed in-between us, his tacky chequered shirt causing me to squint and look away.

“Nothing you need to be concerned about…” He gave me his best puppy dog face as some of the other boys came over to sit around.

“Hey Jes! We should go out before you leave!” Jordan grinned at me from across the room.

I stared at him incredulity as I took a sip of pop. “I’m eighteen, I can’t get into a bar, remember?”

“We can get you in.” Sidney said from beside him, talking quietly so as not to be overheard.

“Shut up! I’ve been begging you guys forever!” I squealed, setting my glass down on the coffee table. “Are you serious?”

“We got a whole seven months of absence to make up for, and there’s no time like the present!” Max yelled, grabbing onto my arm and yanking me up as we headed towards the door.



I felt like an idiot as I chased Max up the secured stairs of Diesel. It was slightly insane when I thought about it; my dad owned the Penguins, and the Penguins pretty much owned this bar - but I’d never been inside the place before. “What do you think?” Sidney grinned once we were up in the VIP section.

“It’s amazing! There’s so many people here… ok well, there’s so many girls here.” I laughed as I looked down over the banister at the crowd of scantly clad women. Sidney rolled his eyes in agreement before turning his attention back to me.

“I can’t believe you’re leaving all this…” He said sarcastically as he gestured down to the scene below us.

I laughed and gave him a playful shove. “I know… whatever will I do with out all these women!”

He grabbed my arm and led me over to one of the couches; grabbing one of the waitresses and ordering us a couple of drinks as he did so.
I sat down in between him and Jordan; the later of which was already half in the bag.
I watched the guys play some drinking games before the women started arriving. I took that as my cue to leave; having no desire to watch girls throw themselves at guys that were like brothers to me. Reading my mind, Sidney got up, grabbing onto my hand. “You want me to take you home?”


“So… who’s gonna talk you to sleep when I’m not here?” Sid asked as he curled up next to me in my bed - above the sheets.

I started to giggle as I pulled the covers around me tighter. “Ok first off, I’m not twelve anymore… and secondly, you’re the one who just keeps coming in here!”

“Force of habit…” He said smugly, crossing his hands behind his head, “I just got so use to you running into my room every night. I sleep better this way.” He sighed softly, closing his eyes, as if to drive the point home.

“Wow! You kids are home early… thought they were sneaking you into the bar tonight?” I grinned as I sat up, seeing my dad leaned back against the door-frame.

“They did and… here we are. Diesel’s not quiet as fun as I imagined it… with all the puck bunnies and what not. I’m sure Austin will have a great time in a few years though…” I started to laugh as Dad grimaced, shaking his head slightly.

“Ah, let’s hope it doesn’t get to that point… ever.” He raised his eyebrows and waved goodnight; shutting off the light as he left.

I flopped back down on my back and felt Sidney’s hand whack the side of my face through the darkness, causing me to giggle harder. “Ass.”

“What… I can’t see anything.” He laughed, hitting me again for good measure. I retaliated by sitting up and throwing my pillow over his face - jumping on top of it and trying to smother him.

“Aww come on superstar! I thought you were the all powerful Sid the Kid… can’t even fight off a girl?” I mocked, squealing as his hands dug into my sides - squeezing me in the place I was most ticklish.

I pushed myself away from him, trying to get free; starting to panic when I felt his large calloused hands close around my forearms. “Uh oh… looks like someone’s in trouble now…” I couldn’t see him, but I didn’t have to; I knew exactly the cheeky little grin that was taking over his face.

“Did I ever mention that you’re a really great guy…” I said with as much enthusiasm as possible; trying to find a way to get out of his grasp. He swung his leg over my body, pulling himself up into a sitting position; his body resting lightly on my waist.
I started to squirm, praying I’d find someway to get him off of me before the tickle war escalated - basically praying for a miracle. He forced both of my hands together, pulling them up above me head; causing me to moan.

“No, no, no! Sidney… so not fair!” He chuckled once, as I felt his hand moving up the bottom of my blue tang-top; gaining entrance and sliding against my flesh. His hand came to a stop on my ribcage and I closed my eyes; holding my breath against what was to come.
I counted to 5 Mississippi before I realized that Sidney wasn’t moving. I exhaled softly, hoping that he’d decided he was too tired for this ritual; allowing me a free pass for the night.
I started to pull my hands down from above my head but couldn’t; realizing that his left hand was still holding them firmly in place.
My heart came to - what felt like - a complete stop, as his right thumb began to trace tiny circles on my abdomen. His circles grew bigger; until he was lightly rubbing the bottom of my breast - sending a shiver up my spine.

Sidney was leaning towards me then. I couldn’t see him, but I could feel his warm breath blowing across my neck and face as his comfortable scent began to surround me. He released my hands; his left hand sliding it’s way under my light, cotton fabric to join his other.
He exhaled loudly, sitting extremely still - caught in his own internal debate - as I laid motionless; my arms still stretched above my head. Finally, and with great force, his hands moved upwards until he was cupping my breasts. I inhaled sharply as I brought my arms down; in time to catch his face as his lips crashed down on top of mine.

6 comments:

  1. OH! MY! GOD! WHAT?

    Ok... saw that coming... and really didn't! And you're really going to leave us with nothing?

    So... you're going to write for a living right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay. Here it goes:

    O.M.G. I kinda thought I knew what was gonna happen, and it did. But I didn't know everything either, so.... I was still surprised.

    Soo good. That's not accurate. Beyond good. It was well-written and smooth and fluid, and I loved the basis and foundation you're laying down to begin this story.

    I love Jes already. She's not a brat; she wants to EARN respect and not have it thrust upon her due to her name. And I respect her for that. Mario... he was so cute! "I missed so much Jespin… so much because of hockey." I want him to be my father, but because he's the big guy but because he's such a nice guy.

    The Dr. Phil comment had me howling. Oh, Sid. I love him, too, but I'm biased and always will.

    I feel like I should be saying more or quoting more, but I can't pick anything out above the rest because I LOVED IT ALL, and I'm in total agreement with Heather. A month?! Arrgh. You evil, evil woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, okay, okay!!!!!

    First, when I saw Oksana, I started laughing hysterically, I probably will every time I see her name from now on.

    Second, I already love Jes, I want to be her friend!! Then I can torment her about Sid. HAHA.

    Lastly, SID. OMFG.
    "his right thumb began to trace tiny circles on my abdomen. His circles grew bigger; until he was lightly rubbing the bottom of my breast - sending a shiver up my spine."
    Could that little bit be anymore hotter?! And then you just leave us!

    I'm gonna bite my lip, pinch my legs shut and wait. However long it'll take... I'll be waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow amazing!!!!!

    i dont even know what to say....it made me happy ..sad..laugh my head off..and then gasp...lol

    Jes is very cool =]....the only thing is i think i know where this story might be going and it makes me sad (but dont worry ill keep reading cause it is AMAZING)

    cant wait for more..you tease ;p

    ReplyDelete
  5. update soon!!!!!!
    this looks great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great chapter!
    Ugh! but please not a love story with Ovy! Can't stand the guy.
    I hope Sid wins out in the story

    ReplyDelete